What Automated testing tools Do You Use?

Home Forums Software Testing Discussions What Automated testing tools Do You Use?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Lila
    Participant
    @lilathetester

Hi all,

I’m looking for some automated testing tools for my team. Any suggestion for web testing? With tight budget and limited technical skills, we cannot purchase premium tools like TestComplete or UFT 🙁

It’s the best if you can review your current tools.

Thank you in advance.

Jesper
    Participant
    @jesper-lindholt-ottosen

Selenium seems to be the go-to solution for most web projects.

Paul
    Participant
    @paulgn

check out accelQ. QA tool specifically made for continuous testing. it lets you abstract the whole application down to level of each element on page, this way automation test can be developed in parTallel to application code. Also automation is written in english and powered with smart reconciliation… so no more code updates as app changes and evolves. check it out, really powerful stuff

Hailey
    Participant
    @hailey

For non-functional testing: IBM Rational Performance Tester, LoadCompleteTesting Anywhere

For functional testing: Telerik StudioHP UFTTestComplete and Katalon Studio

Rai
    Participant
    @raikou

If you are still looking for the tools, this article will definitely help you, Lila : A Comparison of Automated Testing Tools

Good luck! 🙂

Lila
    Participant
    @lilathetester

Thank you all for your support. I’ll definitely take a look at your suggestions soon. Looking forward to further discussion.

Cheers!

Monica
    Participant
    @softwaretesting

Hi, you can also go through Qualitia it is a scriptless test automation tool leverages the power the power of Selenium, Appium and UFT. Also, it support mobile testing as well. http://www.qualitiasoft.com

Alin
    Participant
    @groza-alin88

Hi Lila,

I think Selenium is a very good option for testing web applications in your case. It is free so you don’t have to purchase licenses to use it. Regarding the technical side, you can easily find support on internet. Additionally, Selenium works with many languages (Java, C#, Python, Ruby etc.) so you can decide which language is better for your project.

Regards,
    Alin

Alex
    Participant
    @minh-dang

Hi Lila, My team is using Katalon Studio and it is really cool. You should try it out. You can also use Selenium as well. It is used widely and both of them are free.

Roman
    Participant
    @rpwheeler
    • Selenium / Python  : small custom scripts
    • Selenium / Selenide / Java – custom framework : implementation of web-related checking
    • SikuliX  / Python (Jython) : visual automation, my own custom implementation of Monkey testing concept
    • XCode UI testing / customized framework/ Objective-C : automation of checks for native iOS app
    • Selenium / Robot Framework with Selenium library: web testing on occasions, hadn’t implement big projects with that
    Tassawer
    Participant
    @tassaweramin

@alishahenderson Please avoid pasting your text from office documents into the content field.

bernice
    Participant
    @bernicestockstill

Text studio
    Best for me.

shweta
    Participant
    @shwetakakran

Selenium is best tool for automated testing. but it is also depend on the requirements also. there are also other tools available.

Darwin
    Participant
    @darwin

@lilathetester, I would like to suggest Katalon Studion for starting with automation. Also, recommend looking at this blog post of  “How To Do Automation Web Testing Using Katalon In 3 Easy Steps” at  https://huddle.eurostarsoftwaretesting.com/automation-web-testing

Thomas
    Participant
    @tommantsch

Hi,

I am using Serenity (Selenium and Rest-Assured) quite a lot on my projects. It gives you a nice documentation of your test results and I appreciate the usage of Selenium (UI) and Rest-Assured (API) combination.

jak lees
    Participant
    @jak-lees

Try pcloudy.com, it is best tool for automation testing.

vakul
    Participant
    @vakul

Selenium: Popular testing framework for web apps. It includes a helpful record/playback tool and lets you write tests in a number of common programming languages.

Sahi: Another option for automating and testing web apps.

Ranorex: A GUI automation framework designed to test desktop, web and mobile apps.

AutoIT: Used for general scripting and automating Windows GUI.

Squish: A GUI test automation tool that is cross-platform and cross-technology. For use with apps based on Qt, Java SWT/RCP, Java Swing, MFC/.NET, Web/Ajax, iOS and more.

TestComplete: Expansive automation solution that lets you create, manage and run tests for desktop, web or mobile client software.

Telerik TestStudio: A versatile tool that can be used to test web, desktop and mobile apps. It can automate tests for a broad range of technologies, including: HTML5, AJAX, JavaScript, Silverlight, WPF, MVC, Ruby, PHP, iOS and Android.

Appium: Test native, hybrid and mobile web apps with this versatile, open source test automation tool.

Calabash: A cross-platform framework used for mobile app testing that supports Android/iOS hybrid and native apps. Calabash uses clear, easy-to-understand language syntax making it a great choice for non-technical teams looking to execute automated tests.

Unified Functional Testing (UFT): Formerly known as Quick Test Professional, UFT is used for functional, regression and service testing. UFT helps record/automate actions on a web or client-based app and test them across different user accounts, data sets, browsers and Windows operating systems.

Raj
    Participant
    @rajsubra

I am not sure what kind of automation you are trying to do, what language you want to use and what type of applications you are trying to test like Desktop/Mobile web or Mobile Native Apps (iOS/Android). So here is a high level overview of the tools I have personally used and researched-

Testim.io

It uses machine learning for the authoring, execution and maintenance of automated tests. It focuses on functional testing, end-to-end testing and UI testing. The more tests you run the more smarter the tool becomes to increase the stability of your test suites. It is not a completely code-less tool; you can use JavaScript and HTML to write complex programming logic (if needed) for your applications.

Sikuli

It is Python based GUI automation tool. You can automate anything that has a GUI. It uses an image recognition algorithm to select elements based on images. You use Python to add code as and when you need to extend the functionality of the tool

SeeTest

This allows to run tests on web and mobile apps. It is easy to use and has all the functionalities you may need for automation. But in terms of flexibility it may not be as robust as Testim.io

Appvance

Appvance uses AI to generate test results autonomously, and also data-driven regression end-to-end test cases based on actual production behavior. It has advanced validation capability without writing any scripts (validate results). It learns from each test run and makes tests smarter each time. It is a fully AI based system. Works for web based applications including new libraries like ReactJS, Polymer, Angular2, KendoUI, ShadowDOM etc.

Functionize

Functionize uses machine learning for functional testing. It is very similar to other tools in the market in terms of its capabilities

Cucumber

This is an open source testing tool that focuses on BDD (Behavior Driven Development). It emphasizes writing requirements in plain english in the form of Given, When and Then statements. This is commonly referred to as “Gherkin” syntax. You then convert these GWT statements into code using Java, JavaScript, Ruby or Kotlin. This helps to enforce collaboration and bring more clarity to requirements.

Selenium

This is an open source tool and has been around for quite a while. It would require some knowledge of programming like Java/JavaScript and need to know good practices of automation like Page Object and Page Factory pattern.

Protractor

This framework was born as a result of the inabilities of Selenium to handle javascript frameworks such as Angular.js. It is an end to end testing framework to specifically test Angular and Angular JS applications. It has built in functions to identify different types of elements in these applications. One of the coolest feature of the framework is its support for parallel testing, where you can run several browser instances simultaneously.

Although protractor has good features to do web automation it does have its limitations. It only supports JavaScript and automating Angular.js applications. It does not support mobile apps.

Hope this helps

-Raj

Vishaka
    Participant
    @vishaka

Hi,

I would like to take the support of a test automation tool and expect a good codeless tool. So, I checked a few tools and thought about ‘TestSigma. Have you used this tool before? Does it a good one to afford?

Appreciate your responses.

Thanks

william
    Participant
    @hruskawilliam

Its totally depend on what type of testing you are going to perform. According to a software product, you have to analyze and apply testing tools. There are a lot of tools to use in automation testing and each tool has its own specification. Some tools are listed below.

1. Selenium

2. Ranorex

3. TestComplete

4.QMetry Automation Studio

Aurel
    Participant
    @aurel

Hey Guys,

for testing web application I can totally recommend cypress.io to you! It’s a developer-friendly JavaScript Framework for the newest kind of Development Methods.

We started with selenium and swapped a year ago to it. It’s powerfull and extremely easy to write tests for Applications like React. I guess the main argument for it is, that it runs in a browser. So you can easily mock Http Requests for shortcuts and it runs much faster. In addition, it will wait for every request and loading automatically.

Kind regards

Aurel

Kuldeep
    Participant
    @kuldeeprana

Hi,

I am a Test Automation lead and I use tools below tools in my company-

Web Automation – Selenium, Katalon Studio, Cucumber

Mobile Automation – Appium, Katalon

API – Rest Assured

Performance Testing – JMeter

[Commercial content removed by moderator]

william
    Participant
    @hruskawilliam

Selenium is an all-time best tool to use. There are more automation tools to use specified as:

1. Mabl

2.Rarnorex

3. Testcraft

4. Squish

5. Test cafe Studio and so on….

Abhay
    Participant
    @abhayit2000

I am familiar with some of the following automation testing tools:

1. LambdaTest:
      LambdaTest is one of the leading cloud based cross browser testing platform which empowers users to perform automated compatibility testing of their website or web applications on a combination of 2000+ real browsers & OS.
    2. mabl:
      mabl delivers scriptless end-to-end test automation, integrated with your delivery pipeline, so you can focus on improving your app. Using proprietary machine learning models, mabl automatically identifies and surfaces application issues quickly.
    3. Ranorex:
      Over 14,000 users worldwide accelerate testing with Ranorex Studio, an all-in-one tool for test automation. Ranorex is easy for beginners with a codeless click-and-go interface, but powerful for automation experts with a full IDE for C# or VB.NET, and open APIs.
    4. TestCraft:
      TestCraft is a codeless Selenium test automation platform. The revolutionary AI technology and unique visual modeling allows for faster test creation and execution while eliminating test maintenance overhead. Testers create fully automated test scenarios without coding. Customers find bugs faster, release more frequently, integrate with CI/CD and improve overall quality of their digital products.
    5. Squish:
      Squish is the new GUI Test Automation tool of choice for more than 3000 companies worldwide to automate the functional regression tests and system tests of their graphical user interface (GUIs) and Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs).

I hope, my answer will help.

Bala
    Participant
    @pcloudycom

Here are some automation tools which could be used:

• Appium
    • pCloudy
    • Robotium
    • Selenium
    Roberto
    Participant
    @robertor

Hey Guys,

Thanks, this looks solid. Even though this is a very old thread but, responses from the participants is still keeping this forum thread as a fresh one. That’s great, and continue sharing more information. Cheers!

Best Regards
    RobertoR, Testree

jasonbunting
    Participant
    @jasonbunting

Katalon Studio is my go to tool.

It will interface with selenium driver, is a Java app so runs anywhere – good for C.I. environments. Integrates with Jira and Git, and has a ready made framework for data/test/customer driven tests. Free too. There is an enterprise edition also now for large business with licencing costs.

Pradeep
    Participant
    @stella123

Selenium would be my first option for a cost-effective Automated Web testing. iSAFE framework is a portable framework that provides the synergy of Selenium TestNG and other CI CD tools and acts as a Jump Start Kit for any web automation. Below are some of the key benefits of iSAFE

Ability to work with multiple OS/ Browsers / Devices
    Target based & parallel execution using Selenium Grid
    Provides Support for API and DB Testing
    Higher Reusability & Lesser Effort on Script Maintenance
    Reduced Efforts on Technically Skilled Resources
    Facilitates Better Communication with the Stakeholders on the Status of Tests (Email/SMS Text Status/Voice calls to Stakeholders)
    Enriched Reports with Varied Analytics

Asiq Ahamed
    Participant
    @asiq-ahamed

Desktop Application Automation Testing – WhiteFramework & WinAppDriver
    Web Application Automation Testing – Selenium.
    Mobile Apps Automation Testing – Appium
    Scripting Languages – Java, Python, and JavaScript.
    BDD Frameworks: Cucumber, SpecFlow & Behave
    Reporting Tool: Report Portal & Extent Reports

Thanks,
    Asiq Ahamed
    Test Automation Architect at Codoid

Priti
    Participant
    @priti

Hello,

I hope you are doing good…

I would like to recommend one of the most useful automation testing tools and My favorite Selenium automation tool which free to use and easy to use also…

Thanks and Regards,

Priti

[commercial content removed – mod]

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.