The RisingSTAR Award
The RisingSTAR Award is designed to stimulate innovation in the software testing and quality assurance industry. It was created to encourage the development of new ideas, support the growth of the community through mentorship and bring new innovators to the fore.
Do you have a revolutionary new testing idea? Do you have a novel or interesting concept that could help improve the way we test? Do you have a breakthrough plan for using new technologies in testing?
2019 Entries now Closed – Finalists to be announced shortly
- 2019 Entries closed 31st August
- Entrants need to show that their idea is valuable to software makers, and relevant to software testers. We expect to hear how your idea has been used, and how you expect to develop it further.
The RisingSTAR Award recognises individuals and their contribution to the future of testing through their idea, that will be developed with the help of the Supporters. It is not a corporate award and may not be entered as a company.
RisingSTAR Award Supporters & Mentors
One of the huge benefits of winning the RisingSTAR Award is that winner will receive invaluable mentorship & support from many of the most high profile and influential testers in the global community known as ‘The Supporters’ of the RisingSTAR Award. Each of ‘The Supporters’ are respected testing experts, teachers and innovators who have committed to helping the winner of the RisingSTAR Award to develop their idea through mentorship and connections. See our RisingSTAR Supporters
We would like to thank the current panel of experienced RisingSTAR Supporters for the time they are giving to Sanne and their ongoing contribution to the testing community – building personal connections between new voices and old hands.
The RisingSTAR winner receives
- Recognition & Publicity
- Mentorship & Support – half day from each of ‘The Supporters’
- A Prize bursary – funded by ‘The Supporters’
- Ongoing exposure to the wider testing community via the online EuroSTAR Huddle Community.
- Full conference ticket (with social events) for the 2019 EuroSTARConf
- EuroSTAR will also pay for flights & accommodation*
- A platform at EuroSTARConf 2020 to showcase your winning idea
See updates from the 2018 RisingSTAR Award Winner
2018 RisingSTAR Winner
The 2018 RisingSTAR winner was Sanne Visser, of NS Stations, Netherlands! Sanne was awarded the inaugral RisingSTAR Award by Bart Knaack and James Lyndsay at the EuroSTAR Annual Awards Dinner. Congratulations to Sanne and thank you to each of our excellent entrants in the 2018 year’s RisingSTAR Award. See the finalists of the 2018 RisingSTAR Award.
Learn about the concept of the RisingSTAR Award