In today’s time, we are living in a technologically advanced world where machines are being used to perform numerous tasks. The use of the machine has transformed the way we live, work, and entertain ourselves. With the growing demand for smart systems and machines, various technologies are being introduced to the world. One such popular technology is Artificial Intelligence, also known as AI. Artificial Intelligence can think and act like humans and interpret human likes and dislikes. To operate successfully, AI applications require some language in the backend. Both Java and Python are considered efficient languages to be utilized in Artificial Intelligence development services. Both are high-level, object-oriented languages. However, both differ in several ways.
Let’s look at both these languages in detail to understand which one is better for AI-based solutions development-Java or Python.
Python is a high-level programming language that is used for complex circumstances. It is also used as a general-purpose programming language across diverse domains. Developers including beginners to professionals worldwide prefer this language due to its simplicity and less complex syntax. Some of the key benefits of the Python language include:
- It is a high-level language
- It is open-source and runs on all the operating systems
- It facilitates easy coding
- Require less code
- Comprises huge standard library
- Extensible language
Role of Python in AI Projects
In Python, developers are not required to code algorithms, which makes executing AI projects simple and easier. This way, it reduces the stress of testing the code which saves a lot of time as well. Other than this, Python language comprises a huge set of pre-built libraries. These pre-built libraries can be used efficiently to employ various Machine Learning (ML) and Deep Learning algorithms. Some of the key advantages of choosing Python language for AI projects include:
- Less Code Requirement: Since developers do not require coding algorithms using Python, a lot of time can be saved in accomplishing the whole process of developing AI solutions.
- Huge Library Ecosystem: As mentioned above in the blog, Python comes with various pre-built libraries that can be used to implement algorithms. This eliminates the requirement of creating a code from the very beginning every time.
- Better Visualisation: Python comprises libraries that allow developers to represent data in the form of charts, plots, histograms, and various other visualization options. This helps to get a clear picture or reports about the particular AI project.
- Smooth and Easy Readability: Python is quite easy to read, alter, copy, and share. There are very few chances of errors which make this language much efficient in exchanging algorithms and ideas.
- Suitable for Multiple Platforms: Python is a platform-independent language which means that it can run well on various platforms such as Linux, Windows, macOS, Unix, etc. Even the development process can be transferred easily from one platform to another by employing various small-scale changes.
Just like Python, Java is also an object-oriented programming language. The language is one of the most commonly used programming languages in today’s time that came into existence before Python. Though it has quite a complex syntax as compared to Python, its speed of execution is much better. Some of the key benefits of the Java language include:
- It is simple and easy to learn
- It is object-oriented
- Deliver high performance
- Assure portability
- Platform independent
- Interpreted language
Role of Java in AI Projects
Java is among the top-notch programming languages worldwide that are used in the development of AI projects. Java language is extensively used in assorted neural networks, Machine Learning (ML) solutions, multi-robot systems, search algorithms, and various other systems. Since AI is largely associated with algorithms, Java language has the capability to code different types of algorithms with ease. Besides, the language comprises a huge set of Java AI libraries and tools that can be utilized to build attractive interfaces and graphics. Some of the key advantages of choosing Java language for AI projects include:
- Easy Debugging Process: Developers find debugging Java applications quite simple and easy.
- Easy-to-code Algorithms: As compared to various traditional interpreted programming languages, Java is a much faster and high-performing programming language. With the help of a just-in-time compiler, the applications developed using Java language offer superior performance.
- Smart Project Development: The best thing about the Java programming language is that it comes with a pre-built garbage collector feature. This functionality automatically deletes useless data, thereby facilitating better visualization.
- Easy to Maintain: Java is not only a versatile language but easy to maintain as well. Java Byte code can be transferred seamlessly to any platform and maintained easily.
- Suitable for Large-Scale Projects: Java language can be used efficiently for large-scale project development. Developers can easily access the huge library sets and tools to create highly functional, efficient, feature-rich, and attractive AI solutions.
- Huge Community: Java has huge worldwide community support of developers. Beginners in the field of Java can easily learn and develop effective solutions with the help of experts throughout the world.
To conclude, both Python and Java are the most favoured languages worldwide that are used in delivering superior Artificial Intelligence development services. Choosing a particular language can be confusing as each language has its own advantages that can make AI projects successful. If we need to choose between Python and Java, Python is a little ahead of the competition as compared to Java due to its simplicity, ease of use, accessibility, language flexibility, library support, and various other reasons.
Check out all the software testing webinars and eBooks here on EuroSTARHuddle.com