Who’s using Slack?

Home Forums Software Testing Discussions Who’s using Slack?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Paul
    Participant
    @paul-madden

I’ve seen Slack been mentioned more and more lately as a useful tool for collaboration. It’s mainly developers I’ve seen/heard using it but I hear more testers talking about it too. Have you used it? If so, would you recommend it?

Or maybe it’s just another tool in a collection of somewhat useful tools?

Archana
    Participant
    @archana

I am using slack for almost an year for 3 of my projects. I would certainly recommend it. Even the mobile app is good.

Jesper
    Participant
    @jesper-lindholt-ottosen

Slack is a team tool. Similar to MS Teams and Basecamp, Podio and others. It can be used to discuss team activites and discussions – and less email.

I know other testing forums have slack channels 😉

Jeremy
    Participant
    @jtweatherby

I’ve used it and it compares to HipChat and the others that Jesper mentioned.  It integrates well into Jenkins, TeamCity, JIRA, and I’m sure others that I have not worked with. It improved communication in on one of the projects I worked on, which then helped with overall productivity and collaboration on that project. So, in short, I would recommend it or a communication/collaboration tool like it.

Aleksandra
    Participant
    @aleksandra-kornecka

I used HipChat, I use Slack, I love Slack 🙂 Do you know there are at least 2 only-testers Slacks? ministryoftesting.slack.com and testersio.slack.com

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.