What was your first mobile phone?

Home Forums Info & Off-Topic Discussion What was your first mobile phone?

• This topic has 23 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 10 months ago by Din.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Ronan Healy
    Keymaster
    @ronan

Was discussing with some people at work today how before mobile phones when meeting another person at a venue, you would just say a time and be there without knowing if the other person would turn up.

It made me think about getting my first mobile phone.

siemens-s10

It was a Siemens S10. It was heavy. You could not use text as the network did not allow it and you had to carry it in a pouch as it was too big to fit in your pocket.

So what was your first mobile phone? Do you still have it?

How did you find it?

Tassawer
    Participant
    @tassaweramin

NOKIA 3310  nintchdbpict000305168568

Archana
    Participant
    @archana

Mine was a silver Nokia 6030 that I got in 2005. I used it for almost 4 years and it is still in good working condition.

Jesper
    Participant
    @jesper-lindholt-ottosen

I started in 1995ish with the classic Ericsson brick phone incl. SMS/TXT as the DK network allowed. Moved thorugh a range of ericsson phones up. I’m sure I have had most of these:

Moved to some of the Sony Ericsson Walkman phones, and then to an iPhone. For long I kept an old one for camping and festivals, but the sim cards doesn’t match so I have cleared the stash

Jeremy
    Participant
    @jerbrown

Nokia 3120

Nicola
    @nicolag

index

Nokia 1110, oh those were the days!

Ankit
    Participant
    @ankitpatel

Nokia 1100

Bryan
    Participant
    @bryanclifford

Motorola RAZR V3

Ilkka
    Participant
    @ilkka
    Daniel
    Participant
    @montgomery

My first phone was Nokia 3310. I was very happy when I bought it and it served me for a long time.

Anonymous
    Inactive

nokia 3310

Anna
    Participant
    @annaeverson

My first phone is a silver Motorola clamshell, I do not remember the name of the phone, but it was black and white, the most interesting thing about this phone was a tower game, pleasant memories)

lisajohny543
    Participant
    @lisajohny543

My first mobile was a Nokia 6030

Sujith
    Participant
    @user007

Wow! An array of classic items!

Thank you for asking this question. My first mobile was NOKIA Express Music.

Being a 90s kid I was able to use many predecessors, but the real MY PHONE experience happened through this model. Loud-speaker, music edition, illumination on control pads. The color was RED!

Such a beauty. Now I have upgraded to the Apple series. But before this, I was using MiA1. I liked that model too. For an INR10K amounted model, it gave me a 5-year smooth experience. The focus shifted to Apple for many reasons.

Sujith
    Participant
    @user007

SIRI, Apple’s AI services-enabled voice assistant, was the one main reason I switched to Apple. Among peers, SIRI is a well-known voice aid program.

SIRI, in my opinion, is a step ahead of Google voice assistance, based on user experience. In terms of response time and task completion accuracy. Many people may hold opposing viewpoints. I respect that.

I’m only sharing my thoughts.

Vivison
    Participant
    @viva_bell

My first phone was samsung

Gleus
    Participant
    @gleus

Nokia 2010

Edward
    Participant
    @edwardd

Nokia 3310 ))

Sku
    Participant
    @charlivenum
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; padding: 0px; margin: 0px 0px 1rem; overflow-wrap: break-word; font-size: inherit; line-height: 1.6; text-rendering: optimizelegibility;”>Mine was a silver Nokia 6030 that I got in 2005. I used it for almost 4 years and it is still in good working condition.</p>

john
    Participant
    @john4422

The advanced era is all about beautifully created mobile apps, so we have developed our applications perfectly to contribute to the digital world to generate easiness in diverse areas. Objectual Pakistan

Markus
    Participant
    @markus54

Nokia 2310

Jimm
    Participant
    @samop

Hi there. I am new here. My first phone was a Nokia.)))

Tim
    Participant
    @bytechimp

Our 100% US-based team is ready to help you craft a unique animated explainer video today! You’ll get clear, consistent communication, no surprises, and a value that’s second to none! After ten years and more than 15,000 videos, we have the experience you’ll need to create something great. And, with team members in Irvine, California, and all states, we’re a true American small business, locally owned and operated by our founder.

Din
    Participant
    @marshel5

hi all. I am newbier here. My 1st was Nokia)))

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.