what is the latest trends in software testing?

Home Forums Software Testing Discussions what is the latest trends in software testing?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Participant
    @itsjennifer

Unlike in the past, today software testing is not just about identifying and troubleshooting application issues. Earlier, the goal of software testing was solely to make sure high performance and quality in the shipped products. Nowadays, there are many things in which software testing can help organizations specifically in speeding up their product deliver process while maintaining the quality.

So, I would like to hear more about the software testing trends so that I can strategize my company’s testing process more effectively.

Abhay
    Participant
    @abhayit2000

I think one of the most popular trends is test automation. If you want to implement DevOps practices effectively, your team need to give importance to test automation. It is an integral part of the DevOps process.

As test automation is considered a very important bottleneck of DevOps, at a minimum, the majority of regression testing should be automated.

Given the popularity of DevOps and the fact that test automation is not utilized well, with less than 20% of testing being automated, there is quite a lot of room to enhance the adoption of test automation in organizations.

You can take help from existing popular and reliable automation tools like Katalon, Selenium, HeadSpin, and TestComplete. They are continuing to evolve with new features that is definitely making automation way easier.

I hope this might have helped you.

ashwini
    Participant
    @ashwinil
      <li style=”list-style-type: none;”>
      Shift-Left Testing: Testing moved earlier in the development cycle.

Test Automation: Continued emphasis on automating testing processes.

Continuous Testing: Integration of testing into CI/CD pipelines for faster releases.

AI and ML in Testing: Adoption for test case generation and anomaly detection.

Performance Engineering: Focus on performance throughout the development lifecycle.

Security Testing: Addressing vulnerabilities due to increasing cyber threats.

Containerization and Microservices Testing: Adapting testing for these architectures.

API Testing: Growing importance of testing application programming interfaces.

Crowdsourced Testing: Utilizing global testers for diverse perspectives.

Maurice
    Participant
    @linescientist

<p style=”scrollbar-width: thin; scrollbar-color: var(–pdl-bg-muted) var(–pdl-bg-base); padding: 0px; margin: 0px; line-height: calc(1em + 0.4375rem); color: #000000; font-family: -apple-system, system-ui, BlinkMacSystemFont, ‘Segoe UI’, Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, ‘Helvetica Neue’, sans-serif; font-size: 18px; background-color: #f7f7f7;”>Software testing has evolved significantly in recent years, and staying updated with the latest trends can help you optimize your company’s testing process. Shift-Left Testing is software testing trends I often use to update trend. This trend involves shifting testing activities earlier in the software development lifecycle (Spacebar Clicker). By integrating testing activities with development processes, issues can be identified and addressed earlier, reducing the overall cost and time required for testing.</p>

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.