What is the future of Software Testing?

Home Forums Software Testing Discussions What is the future of Software Testing?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Devanathan Ram
    Participant
    @thoughtsofdeva

As everyone knows and without choice have to agree to the fact that Manual Testing is an extinct skillset/art. Though it will breathing in every organization, but the range would be very less. Automation has many tools that come and go. Today’s testing skillset would be an old school tomorrow.

At this point, I would like to know what would be the scope of Software Testing in this current era? Would the organizations want their developers perform the testing as well or will there is a breathing scope for testing that keeps us going?

Jesper
    Participant
    @jesper-lindholt-ottosen

“It’s hard to predict, especially about the future” says a Danish proverb.

You might find good stories in this: State of Testing Survey
    http://qablog.practitest.com/state-of-testing/

Paul French
    Participant
    @paul-french

Is manual testing really extinct?

I must admit I work in businesses where there is very little automation (not saying I agree by the way, but the point is there is still a lot of demand for manual testers).

Also, will automation perform exploratory testing?

Manual testing and automation will complement each other for a very long time to come.I think.

Alex
    Participant
    @axeloi

There is no test automation. Just some scripts with regression checks that are run. Tool vendors sold the idea to management as factory automation. Truth is, this testing job is not even close to the manufacturing in factories.

Anurag khode
    Participant
    @anurag-khode

World wants to move towards test automation. I am from mobile testing background and most of the emails coming to me inquires about adopting or learning automation tools. Software testing has good future as long as product owner see value in testing of the app. Testing community will also need to do innovations via effective method, tools, skills in order to provide value to the end user.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.