What don’t you like about testing?

Home Forums Software Testing Discussions What don’t you like about testing?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Daragh
    Participant
    @daraghm

I am sure there are a lot of things that you enjoy about your role as a software tester (including this great community!). However, like any job there must be some parts of it that you don’t like at all. What aspects of your job could you do without?

Ronan Healy
    Keymaster
    @ronan

Test Cases were the main issue that many testers highlighted when we asked this question in the Sunday survey recently. Sunday survey Test Cases

Is there any more you would add to the list?

Tassawer
    Participant
    @tassaweramin

@Ronan Totally agree with polls results i.e. Writing Test Cases are amongst the most boring and annoying part of Testing.
    I would like to add “attending meetings about non-testing topics” i.e. those monthly and quarterly meetings who do nothing to improve testing.

Archana
    Participant
    @archana

Documentation of all types including test cases is something I like the least

Trevor Leahy
    Participant
    @trevor-leahy

This is a very interesting discussion. Why do I love testing. It is because I love the analysis. I love working out what the problem area is, understanding it, working out where the problems are likely to occur. Having done that, designing the test cases and documenting them in an optimal way is challenging but rewarding when completed. When I feel happy that I have covered the length and breadth of the test requirements, it feels great. I know I’m in a good position to raise defects when necessary. My relationships with developers are greatly enhanced and there is not an endless conversation in the defect management system, sucking in test managers , project managers and loads of others. This saves one heck of a lot of time and money. Good test case documentation is also a great way of recording all those nuances which I have worked out and do not want to forget in the sprint of getting things done at test execution time. I think it is time to start loving test case documentation.

Trevor Leahy
    Participant
    @trevor-leahy

Really interesting statistic.

Krister
    Participant
    @kristers

Sometimes, mostly because of time constraints, or because of change of scope for project, I have to scrap a lot of test cases and preparations in favour of other more prioritized areas. However necessary and a part of testers life, it is not fun.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.