What device/tool do you hate testing with?

Home Forums Everyday Testing – Careers, Learning and more What device/tool do you hate testing with?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ronan Healy
    Keymaster
    @ronan

I’m sure there Is it a testing tool or device that you or something else that you have to test with that you hate?

Maybe it’s the UI, maybe it’s the security or reliability of it but I’m sure there are one’s you don’t like?

Alin
    Participant
    @groza-alin88

Hi Ronan,

Using UFT for testing web applications is something I don’t like. It is very annoying when elements are not identified; this happens when using the object repository and also when using descriptive programming. This causes many randomly failed tests and affects the reliability of the tool. Also, the speed is a problem; it is very slow and it takes a lot of time to run a test.

But UFT works very well on desktop applications and I like using it for testing desktop applications. It is stable, it does not have issues on object identification and randomly fails are very rare. I have also noticed that sometimes it runs faster on desktop than on web.

Regards,
    Alin

Archana
    Participant
    @archana

I have had to do performance testing for a POS system using Versa Test. LoadRunner and other well-known tools failed to capture the requests as this was the only option left. It is a particularly difficult tool to learn and the UI also was not very user friendly. So, didn’t quite like it

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.