University learning and teaching in software testing

Home Forums Everyday Testing – Careers, Learning and more University learning and teaching in software testing

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Aleksandra
    Participant
    @aleksandra-kornecka

Hi TEST Huddlers! 🙂

I’m very curious how do you perceive high school and university lessons on software testing.

What do you think, is that a good idea?

What contents, topics, fields in software testing would you include in a study program in software testing?

Let’s imagine you have like one semester to make the software testing course for the people who have not worked in IT at all.

Who takes that challenge? 🙂 What are your ideas for the questions asked in my post?

Archana
    Participant
    @archana

Interesting topic.. Few things that can be included

– Basic testing principles and terminology

– Introduction and basics of various types of testing like functional, performance, security and so on

– At least one automation tool

– Documentation part like test cases, test plan, defect reporting and so on

Melvin
    Participant
    @msalazar18
    • General overview of software testing: Purpose, objectives, need, etc.
    • Test Plan Design
    • Test Plan Execution
    • Type of testing: Manual, Pair testing, Automation, etc.
    • The role of QA/Test Engineer
    • Overview of stages of Software Development and the role of QA/Test Engineer in each stage
    • Importance of Domain Knowledge for software Testing
    • Final Project: Testing a new software

Peter
    Participant
    @peterharding

If you choose for online Software workout course, one can study the topic at their suitable time and also from a position of their excellent. This online Help With Dissertation courses will assist you to take exercise under able coaches of your excellent, even if the coach is situated in the other hemisphere of the ground..

Tassawer
    Participant
    @tassaweramin

@msalazar18 excellent (Y)

ayurveda
    Participant
    @ayurveda

thank you for sharing this information.learning is important for teaching is good. this is my first visiting of this site.keep it for sharing.
    [commercial content removed /mod]

Simon
    Participant
    @siprior

Good topic. I am actually talking about this at UKStar in March. On the whole, Universities don’t cover testing, and as much as one person can, I’m trying to raise the importance of teaching this at Universities as we really do struggle to find graduates who have any idea about Testing/QA (especially in the UK).

Really I see value in them knowing the core topics such as testing techniques, reviews etc. But more importantly, it’s the art of asking questions and curiosity. Also, learning the ability to debug and identification of issues.

bernice
    Participant
    @bernicestockstill

In what universities can i study coding?

Darwin
    Participant
    @darwin

When I was studying Software Quality and Standards course in my master’s program, I was taught
    1. Basic Concepts – Requirements and Process
    2. Software verification and validation – Principles, methods and frameworks for testing management
    3. Software Quality management and process – Quality management principles, standardization, quality criteria and metrics

This course was carried out with a Project where students had to choose a product of their own choice and practice all possible tests with it. Finally, this course was evaluated by project report and presentation.

With this knowledge, students are known well enough to crack foundation level exams in Software Quality.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.