Test Coverage in Manual Testing

Home Forums Software Testing Discussions Test Coverage in Manual Testing

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Adi Sharma
    Participant
    @adisharma

Hello All, I am new in this community and I am preparing for some manual testing interview questions for the position of QA engineer. I want to know what is test coverage and how it works? Can anyone know about this, please elaborate to me.

Darwin
    Participant
    @darwin

Hello Adi Sharma, welcome to the community!

Test coverage helps to evaluate how much testing is needed and to gather confidence about a product before releasing to production.

Test coverage itself can be anything that ranges from functionalities, browsers to devices. In the end it acts as a guide to make sure that product has been tested for known variations.

Good luck for your interview 🙂

Jyoti
    Participant
    @singhjyoti0894

Test coverage<span style=”color: #202124; font-family: arial, sans-serif;”> is defined as a technique that determines whether our </span>test<span style=”color: #202124; font-family: arial, sans-serif;”> cases are actually covering the application code and how much code is exercised when we run those </span>test<span style=”color: #202124; font-family: arial, sans-serif;”> cases. If there are 10 requirements and 100 </span>tests<span style=”color: #202124; font-family: arial, sans-serif;”> created and if 90 </span>tests<span style=”color: #202124; font-family: arial, sans-serif;”> are executed then </span>test coverage<span style=”color: #202124; font-family: arial, sans-serif;”> is 90%.</span>

<span style=”color: #3d3d3d; font-family: merriweatheritalic; font-size: 20px;”>Test coverage is an important indicator in software testing in terms of quality and effectiveness. Read this blog to understand test coverage, its techniques, metrics, matrix and how to improve it.</span>

Adi Sharma
    Participant
    @adisharma

Thanks Everyone for your suggestion and I would like to share with you I have selected in my interview with the help of this awesome list for manual testing interview questions.

Jahnvi
    Participant
    @gosaijahnvi

Test coverage defined as a metric in software testing that measures the amount of testing performed by a set of test. It will include gathering information about which part of a program are executed when running the test suit to determine which branches of conditional statements have been taken.

In simple terms, it is technique to ensure that your test are testing your code or how much of your code you exercised by running the test.

ASP.Net Software Development

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.