• Author
    @aleksandra-kornecka

I’ve used to listen about SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle), but recently I’ve read about Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC):  http://softwaretestingfundamentals.com/software-testing-life-cycle/

What do yo think? Have you known such a schema exist? Do you use that in your company?

The test phases and activities are quite obvious. But I’m actually impressed with deliverables and neccessities described there 🙂

@jesper-lindholt-ottosen

Waterfall/V-model is one SDLC, but not the only one. From that you can derive the mentioned rudimentary Test process… I have written my share of those back in the days. The model seems to me more a cog in the wheel of waterfall. Not everything is Plan-Do-Check-Act (Deming cycle) – there are other options. Other options that to throw the book at something, and not considering the context.

@softwaretesting

Waterfall in very old methodology nowadays companies employs the agile method to improve productivity and making cost and time efficient.

@ednabaron

Software testing life cycle has different important sessions. The spiral model, water fall model, V model etc are the most important parts of it. Big fixing and verifying the requirements in SRS are the most important tasks assigned for a tester.

@aleksandra-kornecka

Actually that seems no one touched the very entity of STLC. I didn’t mean SDLC, @jesper-lindholt-ottosen 🙂 Thank you for sharing your thoughts, that’s also very interesting.

When talking back about STLC – I was impressed by other than SDLC perspective which I found in STLC 🙂 That can seem to be tricky, but I see the big value there – to redefine the testing-centered process within QA departments – not beyond the development, but as a separate procesual entity – where the testing process is put first.

@jesper-lindholt-ottosen

stlc

An STLC could be the TEST swimlane in the above.

@aleksandra-kornecka

@jesper-lindholt-ottosen :-O what is the source of that  diagram?? Seems interesting, but very specific to me. For sure, STLC is like a component approach to general SDLC.. even maybe like the  swimlane there!

I’m thinking if that  a kind of TestOps apprach, which implements testing into every stage of software development 🙂

@jesper-lindholt-ottosen

Oh I just drew that one up for this thread. 🙂

more and more It’s about defining the qa/test gates on the way to prod, so drawing and modelliong that sounds like the way forward 🙂

@jesper-lindholt-ottosen

more and more It’s about defining the qa/test gates on the way to prod, so drawing and modelliong that sounds like the way forward 🙂

@jesper-lindholt-ottosen

@abhilashawaghm1

In a similar fashion, software is also a business. Just like creating software includes a series of actions, examining also has actions which should be implemented in a certain series.

@abhilashawaghm1

Lifecycle in simple term signifies succession of changes from one type to other type. These changes can happen to any concrete or intangible things. Every enterprise has a lifecycle from its beginning to end/ death.

Software Test Life Cycle

Like SDLC, STLC has set stages which is described in structure below:

1. TEST PLANNING – Preparing the test strategy & planning
    2. TEST DEVELOPMENT – Creating the testing environment
    3. TEST EXECUTION – Writing the test cases/Creating & Executing the Test Script
    4. RESULT ANALYSIS – Analysis result and Bug report
    5. BUG TRACKING –Look for Bugs and software errors
    6. REPORTING – Gathering reports from users
    [commerical link removed MOD/JO]

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.