Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC)

Home Forums Software Testing Discussions Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC)

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Aleksandra
    Participant
    @aleksandra-kornecka

I’ve used to listen about SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle), but recently I’ve read about Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC):  http://softwaretestingfundamentals.com/software-testing-life-cycle/

What do yo think? Have you known such a schema exist? Do you use that in your company?

The test phases and activities are quite obvious. But I’m actually impressed with deliverables and neccessities described there 🙂

Jesper
    Participant
    @jesper-lindholt-ottosen

Waterfall/V-model is one SDLC, but not the only one. From that you can derive the mentioned rudimentary Test process… I have written my share of those back in the days. The model seems to me more a cog in the wheel of waterfall. Not everything is Plan-Do-Check-Act (Deming cycle) – there are other options. Other options that to throw the book at something, and not considering the context.

Monica
    Participant
    @softwaretesting

Waterfall in very old methodology nowadays companies employs the agile method to improve productivity and making cost and time efficient.

Edna
    Participant
    @ednabaron

Software testing life cycle has different important sessions. The spiral model, water fall model, V model etc are the most important parts of it. Big fixing and verifying the requirements in SRS are the most important tasks assigned for a tester.

Aleksandra
    Participant
    @aleksandra-kornecka

Actually that seems no one touched the very entity of STLC. I didn’t mean SDLC, @jesper-lindholt-ottosen 🙂 Thank you for sharing your thoughts, that’s also very interesting.

When talking back about STLC – I was impressed by other than SDLC perspective which I found in STLC 🙂 That can seem to be tricky, but I see the big value there – to redefine the testing-centered process within QA departments – not beyond the development, but as a separate procesual entity – where the testing process is put first.

Jesper
    Participant
    @jesper-lindholt-ottosen

stlc

An STLC could be the TEST swimlane in the above.

kokila
    Participant
    @zenrays1

Software testing life cycle is important part of software testing process. STLC is very useful for the tester to find bugs.

kokila
    Participant
    @zenrays1

Good question. STLC software testing life cycle is important technique for tester to find out bugs.

testing process will be run by planned or systematic method.

Aleksandra
    Participant
    @aleksandra-kornecka

@jesper-lindholt-ottosen :-O what is the source of that  diagram?? Seems interesting, but very specific to me. For sure, STLC is like a component approach to general SDLC.. even maybe like the  swimlane there!

I’m thinking if that  a kind of TestOps apprach, which implements testing into every stage of software development 🙂

Jesper
    Participant
    @jesper-lindholt-ottosen

Oh I just drew that one up for this thread. 🙂

more and more It’s about defining the qa/test gates on the way to prod, so drawing and modelliong that sounds like the way forward 🙂

Jesper
    Participant
    @jesper-lindholt-ottosen

Oh I just drew that one up for this thread. 🙂

more and more It’s about defining the qa/test gates on the way to prod, so drawing and modelliong that sounds like the way forward 🙂

sneha shinde
    Participant
    @abhilashawaghm1

In a similar fashion, software is also a business. Just like creating software includes a series of actions, examining also has actions which should be implemented in a certain series.

sneha shinde
    Participant
    @abhilashawaghm1

Lifecycle in simple term signifies succession of changes from one type to other type. These changes can happen to any concrete or intangible things. Every enterprise has a lifecycle from its beginning to end/ death.

Software Test Life Cycle

Like SDLC, STLC has set stages which is described in structure below:

1. TEST PLANNING – Preparing the test strategy & planning
    2. TEST DEVELOPMENT – Creating the testing environment
    3. TEST EXECUTION – Writing the test cases/Creating & Executing the Test Script
    4. RESULT ANALYSIS – Analysis result and Bug report
    5. BUG TRACKING –Look for Bugs and software errors
    6. REPORTING – Gathering reports from users
    [commerical link removed MOD/JO]

kokila
    Participant
    @zenrays1

Still in our company we are using waterfall method for testing.

[MOD: link removed. /JO]

jak lees
    Participant
    @jak-lees

Do you know about http://www.pcloudy.com and how it will be useful for testers

Abarna
    Participant
    @abarna

Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) is the testing process which is executed in systematic and planned manner. In STLC process, different activities are carried out to improve the quality of the product. Let’s quickly see what all stages are involved in typical Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC)

Following steps are involved in Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC). Each step has its own Entry Criteria and deliverable:

– Requirement Analysis
    – Test Planning
    – Test Case Development
    – Environment Setup
    – Test Execution
    – Test Cycle Closure
    [moderated]

Harsh
    Participant
    @tech

Understand here what is SDLC? Understand the Software Development Life. The software development life cycle (SDLC) is a process for designing, developing and deploying software. It is a process for working with software developed from the beginning to the end of its life cycle.The SDLC could be better for working with software, but it is still helpful for many companies.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.