Looking for recommendations on test case management tools

Home Forums Software Testing Discussions Looking for recommendations on test case management tools

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Magnus
    Participant
    @mange-pettersson

I have recently started looking for a suitable test case management tool to aid me in my work. Currently test cases andf test scopes are compased in Excel so some kind of tool would be nice. Since we run Jira, I have tried Zephyr for Jira and found it lacking. The fact that I could not assign a test cycle to a certain tester made me look in other directions. I am now currently looking at ReqTest, but I’m also open to suggestions. Any tips, tricks and reviews would be greatly appreciated.

Torsten
    Participant
    @stolp

I suggest to give Klaros-Testmanagement a try. There is a free community edition available, which also supports interfacing with Jira but lacks some of the more advanced features of the commercial enterprise edition.

Questions and feedback are welcome.

Disclaimer: Being involved in the development I am biased.

Ronan Healy
    Keymaster
    @ronan

@Mangus You might want to check out this thread that @buschfunk started about a similar issue that might be able to help you. Perhaps Robert could offer his experience.

Magnus
    Participant
    @mange-pettersson

Thanks @stolp and @ronan. That gave me some leads to look at.

Martin
    Participant
    @martinp

Hi Magnus,

We also use Jira and confluence for defects and collaboration. Then we use a tool called http://www.aptest.com/atm2/ for test case management. It certainly provides the kind of functionality that you are looking for. We use it to capture tests and then create test sets and sessions for execution which allow you to manage test cycles. I do think it is quite heavyweight in terms of support and maintenance and not the best usability, although does improve with familiarity! We are currently attempting to switch to full agile and not sure how well ApTest fits into the short sprint cycles.

Anyway it’s one you can look at.
    Regards,
    Martin

Scott
    Participant
    @asherwood

Hi Magnus

I would like to suggest a test management tool that I have been working with over the past few years http://www.testlodge.com . This tool has been designed to be simple, easy to use and has a nice interface that allows you to just get on with managing your tests.

There is an import that integrates with google spreadsheets which will allow you to import your existing test cases quickly and when you are ready to execute your cases, a test run should be created which can be assigned to one or more testers. (There is also an integration with Jira available so that any failed tests will automatically create a ticket in Jira)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.