How to check which software test cases to automate and which ones to do manually

Home Forums Software Testing Discussions How to check which software test cases to automate and which ones to do manually

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Toby.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Participant
    @itsjennifer

Deciding which software test cases to automate and which ones to perform manually needs careful consideration of several factors. One of the factor that I know is important for analyzing this is frequency of execution. I am eager to know more things about it.

Toby
    Participant
    @testwithtobymason

I have some points to share that might help you make the right decision:

1. Repetitive or Time-Consuming Tasks: Test cases that involve repetitive or time-consuming tasks are also good candidates for automation. For example, GUI testing can involve many clicks and keystrokes that are tedious to perform manually. Automating these tasks can save time and reduce the risk of human error.
    2. Cost: Automating test cases can be expensive and time-consuming, so it is important to consider the cost-benefit of automation. For example, if the software is nearing the end of its lifecycle, it may not make sense to invest in automating test cases.
    3. Business Impact: Test cases that have a high impact on the business should be given priority for automation. For example, if a critical feature fails, it can lead to loss of revenue or customer dissatisfaction.

By considering these factors, software testers can make informed decisions about which test cases to automate and which ones to perform manually. However, nowadays many companies are going for automation testing tools like HeadSpin, Selenium and many more. So, you can check this too. A balance between automation and manual testing should be struck to ensure that the software is thoroughly tested and meets the quality standards.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.