How Do You Organise Your Tasks At Work?

Home Forums Info & Off-Topic Discussion How Do You Organise Your Tasks At Work?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Ronan Healy
    Keymaster
    @ronan

I’m sure like everyone else, you are busy with all the different tasks you have to complete each day. For some the tasks are the same each day or each week so it is manageable. For oKthers though, it can be very varied and all the different tasks need to be managed.

I ask because I have recently heard about the bullet journal and how some people organise their life that way.

I, myself usually complete stuff in the form of a check-list. It always helps me. Do a task, complete and tick it off. The one bad thing about check-lists though is that if it is a large task or one that takes a large amount of time, it might not work on a checklist.

So out of curiosity, how do you organise yourself at work? Do you have a system that is error proof?

Tassawer
    Participant
    @tassaweramin

You can use your email calendar to stay on top of meetings, deadlines and tasks.

Another useful tool is “Base Camp“.

Jesper
    Participant
    @jesper-lindholt-ottosen

For NGO’s there is also PODIO.com to consider, I have had great success with it.

At work I use Outlook Tasks

Privately I use “remember the milk” which I have configured with multiple checklists of recurring activities and shopping lists (one fore groceries, one for LEGO ;-))

Ronan Healy
    Keymaster
    @ronan

@jesper-lindholt-ottosen I had tried Remember the Milk before but it didn’t really suit me.

I use Outlook Tasks now toIo for those things that I am likely to forget.

Had not heard of Basecamp @tassaweramin but I will be sure to give that a go.

Good suggestions. The one thing about these tools is that you have to spend the time setting up with them and adding notes to them. Trying to find the time to do that can be the hardest!

John
    Participant
    @johnbakiko

Usualy I use simple sticky notes =) Just kidding. If those are plain tasks then – Google sheets, If it is something related to QA I use newly found EasyQA which suits me more then well, because of its decent functionality and it is free.

Archana
    Participant
    @archana

I find asana pretty useful.

Lukasz
    Participant
    @lpietrucha

I am using Wunderlist, appreciating much it’s cross-platform.

bernice
    Participant
    @bernicestockstill

I use only outlook and calender, that is all I need to organize my day tasks

José Ramón
    Participant
    @setsun

I use bullet journal system but without the writing paper part, for that I use OneNote in Office 365 so I can have everything sync in different devices.

Good part=

Apart from knowing what you have to do in a specific day. it really helps for mid, long term tasks. In the end, what is due to next week will become a daily task at some point

Using Flow helps to automatically moves tasks from outlook to OneNote. Same with meeting minutes.

So-so part:

It could take a little bit of time to set it up and you have to tweak it to meet your custom needs, if you don’t do that you’ll end doing things just for the sake of following a framework.

PS:  Used Wudnerlist and mail/tasks in the past, didn’t got it. But WeekPlan is great, I let it go due to lack of updates but recently it really got up to speed.

PS2: Forgot a very important point, I also use BJ for personal tasks so I have everything in the same place

Melvin
    Participant
    @msalazar18

I use Outlook and Sticky Notes :-). It has proven to be useful to me! But, priorities can change daily, specially on agile developments!

Jeremy
    Participant
    @jerbrown

no organazing, just do it!

Antoine
    Participant
    @antoineaarts

Thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience with us. Keep up the good work. Already bookmarked for future reference. This content creates a new hope and inspiration with me. Thanks for sharing article. The way you have stated everything above is quite awesome. Keep blogging like this. Thanks.

Regards

software development company

[commercial content removed /mod]

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.