How do you order your test plans

Home Forums Software Testing Discussions How do you order your test plans

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jesper
    Participant
    @jesper-lindholt-ottosen

Some of my projects still rely on Test Plan documents – what are your experiences on the ordering of the content. Is it important that the content is in a specific order – as dictated by a template/standard? OR is it more important that the content is there. A long time ago I experienced that the order was so fixed that adding chapters could only be done in the end of the doc – despite it being a missing subchapter in the template, that was important for context.

Do you have experiences of putting the test plan document content into at webbased testing tool along wit the test cases. There is an opportunity here to remove the word docs and put everything online in a more collaborative space… After all what really changes from test plan to test plan – it’s mostly the specific test cases and stories in scope.

Robin
    Participant
    @robingoldsmith

<p class=”MsoNormal”>While many people consider a test plan to be merely the set of test cases to be executed, others including IEEE Std. 829-2008 on test documentation say a test plan is a project plan for the testing project or sub-project.  To my thinking, the latter is a far more useful approach.  As with a work breakdown structure, the set of tests is just a list with no sequence of execution and with each test elaborated separately to the degree one finds helpful.</p>

Robin F. Goldsmith, JD advises and trains business and systems professional on risk-based Proactive Software Quality Ass

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.