November 26, 2015 at 1:49 pm #10163@mark-kiernanOnly available when logged in
I had worked in software testing for about 5-6 years in the past and have been out of the loop for about 8 years, what tools can you recommend for me to study in order to get back working in this field?
Thanks a lotDecember 3, 2015 at 6:38 pm #10227@jesper-lindholt-ottosenOnly available when logged in
Depending on your technical domain/platforms:
– Sellinium for automation
– AppLabs to render virtual browsers
– Continous integration, like jenkins
Smartbear for APIs and performance
SOASTA for cloudDecember 5, 2015 at 11:19 am #10246@groza-alin88Only available when logged in
As Jesper says, it depends on the platforms and domains.
– for testing web applications: Selenium (it supports code written in various languages like Java, C#, Ruby etc.)
– for testing desktop applications: HP UFT (formerly QTP) or Ranorex. Both are paid tools and you need a license to use them.
– for API testing: Smartbear (SoapUI, TestComplete etc.) or JMeter.
– for Continuous Integration: Hudson or Jenkins.
Additionally, there are tools like JIRA and TFS (Team Foundation Server) for other testing related activities including bug tracking and project management.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.