- This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years, 4 months ago by .
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
I had worked in software testing for about 5-6 years in the past and have been out of the loop for about 8 years, what tools can you recommend for me to study in order to get back working in this field?
Thanks a lot
Depending on your technical domain/platforms:
– Sellinium for automation
– AppLabs to render virtual browsers
– Continous integration, like jenkins
Smartbear for APIs and performance
SOASTA for cloud
As Jesper says, it depends on the platforms and domains.
– for testing web applications: Selenium (it supports code written in various languages like Java, C#, Ruby etc.)
– for testing desktop applications: HP UFT (formerly QTP) or Ranorex. Both are paid tools and you need a license to use them.
– for API testing: Smartbear (SoapUI, TestComplete etc.) or JMeter.
– for Continuous Integration: Hudson or Jenkins.
Additionally, there are tools like JIRA and TFS (Team Foundation Server) for other testing related activities including bug tracking and project management.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.