- November 26, 2015 at 1:49 pm #10163Mark KiernanParticipant@mark-kiernan
I had worked in software testing for about 5-6 years in the past and have been out of the loop for about 8 years, what tools can you recommend for me to study in order to get back working in this field?
Thanks a lotDecember 3, 2015 at 6:38 pm #10227JesperParticipant@jesper-lindholt-ottosen
Depending on your technical domain/platforms:
– Sellinium for automation
– AppLabs to render virtual browsers
– Continous integration, like jenkins
Smartbear for APIs and performance
SOASTA for cloudDecember 5, 2015 at 11:19 am #10246AlinParticipant@groza-alin88
As Jesper says, it depends on the platforms and domains.
– for testing web applications: Selenium (it supports code written in various languages like Java, C#, Ruby etc.)
– for testing desktop applications: HP UFT (formerly QTP) or Ranorex. Both are paid tools and you need a license to use them.
– for API testing: Smartbear (SoapUI, TestComplete etc.) or JMeter.
– for Continuous Integration: Hudson or Jenkins.
Additionally, there are tools like JIRA and TFS (Team Foundation Server) for other testing related activities including bug tracking and project management.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.