Free/ affordable price testing tools for low budget projects

Home Forums Software Testing Discussions Free/ affordable price testing tools for low budget projects

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Alin.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Hailey
    Participant
    @hailey

Hi everyone,

I have just joined our forum and want to start a topic about testing tools. Recently, I work for a project that having a limited budget. Therefore, it would be impossible for us all to buy and maintain an expensive tool. Our problem is most of the team switch from manual to automated tester, then they need little technical skill and it’s hard to get used to open-source options. We are searching for some tools that may be free or price-competitive to start with automation, later we can think about using open-source if possible.

We have tried only one tool called Katalon Studio  recently and found it cool for our project. The features are amazing, the support team is dedicated, the tool is free and new versions released regularly. Can be said, we’re pretty satisfied.

But I still want to have some more for a comparison. Any ideas?

Archana
    Participant
    @archana

Selenium is a good option.. A similar thread is open and you can follow that too here

Alin
    Participant
    @groza-alin88

Hi Hailey,

For testing the UI of web applications, I think Selenium is a very good option. It is free and you can easily find support on the internet.
    If you need to do API testing, SoapUI and JMeter are very good options. Both of them are free (SoapUI has a paid version but the free version also works fine) and you can also find good support on the internet for using the tools.

Regards,
    Alin

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.