Cyclomatic complexity

Home Forums Software Testing Discussions Cyclomatic complexity

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sarah
    Participant
    @sarah-chandran

Could you pls tell the answer to the below question? I think it is a)computational complexity. Pls. let me know if it is correct.

Which one of the following attributes of a program can be inferred from its Cyclomatic complexity?
    a) Computational complexity
    b) Lines of code (LoC)
    c) Executable code size
    d) Understandability

Jesper
    Participant
    @jesper-lindholt-ottosen

Cyclomatic complexity is a software metric (measurement), used to indicate the complexity of a program. It is a quantitative measure of the number of linearly independent paths through a program’s source code. It was developed by Thomas J. McCabe, Sr. in 1976.
    Cyclomatic complexity – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclomatic_complexity

sarah
    Participant
    @sarah-chandran

My professor told d) Understandability is the right answer. But I think both a)Computational complexity and d)Understandability could be answers. Anyway thanks for your reply.

Sneha Singh
    Participant
    @sneha-singh

Hi Sarah ,
    The Cyclomatic Complexity Metric is a graphical means of evaluating the complexity of a function and also determining the completeness of coverage of tests for that function. This method is language independent and can be done manually with little difficulty.
    For More details refer this book : Fundamentals of Software Engineering -4th Edition by Rajib Mall

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.