Reading input data from HTTP source in TestNG

Home Forums Software Testing Discussions Reading input data from HTTP source in TestNG

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Darwin
    Participant
    @darwin

How can I read the input data from any HTTP source (ex. RSS feeds) every x seconds in TestNG?

Roman
    Participant
    @rpwheeler

Use thread.sleep in a for() loop. See example here: https://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/essential/concurrency/sleep.html

P.S. I believe this question belongs to programming in Java. It is not about testing API exactly, and not even about TestNG, as only Java code and methods apply to this.

Darwin
    Participant
    @darwin

Trust me, it was an interview question for QA Engineer to test the integration of different web services

Roman
    Participant
    @rpwheeler

I don’t have doubts that the question was asked — it just does not really belong to “API testing” topic. It’s common that some company want to test if the person they may hire is skilled with Java and Test NG, but that is not really about API testing.

You can run requests from Postman, SoapUI, Jmeter, many other tools in different languages. There is no any particular need to use TestNG for that.

I’d put the topic like you added it below the title: “How can I read the input data from HTTP source every x seconds in TestNG?”

Darwin
    Participant
    @darwin

Sure, can do 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.