- May 23, 2018 at 5:41 am #19582dharmendra workParticipant@dharmendra-work
Based on my experience during manual testing in many UI projects i have created free and open source tool http://almond-automation.blogspot.com/p/home.html.
I am java developer and use Selenium to create automate some testcases. But test coverage and test maintenance is always very painful. I was looking for simple UI to create/run testcase which can be used by tester without knowledge of any programming language.
Almond Automation provides following feature
- UI to create and run testcase.
- You can manage multiple projects from single UI.
- You can run testcase on any environment.
- Create TestSuite to group identical testcases.
- Support for modular testcase. No need to change many testcases because of change in one field etc. You can also pass runtime values while running testcase.
- Verify execution of testcase easily in UI. View screenshot of each step of testcase.
- It is created keeping maintenance of testcase at most priority.
- QA and Dev both can create testcase easily.
- Dev can run complete testsuite on his/her machine before pushing build to QA environment. Support for macros to run same testcase with different values.
Most of the time and effort spent in automation is in maintaining testcases and not in creating testcase. I have given more priority in maintenance of testcases. Testcase creation may take more time but it helps in avoiding future work. You can find code at https://github.com/work-dharmendra/almond-automation.
Please provide your valuable feedback about this tool.May 26, 2018 at 11:49 am #19609Link ZoneParticipant@link-zone
All the details are brilliant in this post.
[Commercial cont / Removed by mod]May 29, 2018 at 9:57 pm #19648
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.