Accommodation for EuroSTAR 2014

Home Forums EuroSTAR Attendee Network EuroSTAR 2014 Accommodation for EuroSTAR 2014

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ronan Healy
    Keymaster
    @ronan

It is great to see that so many people have already booked their place at this year’s conference in Dublin from November 24th – 27th. It is just a few short months until the conference begins so if you haven’t booked your accommodation yet, it might be time to start looking.

Some top hotels around Dublin have been kind enough to offer us some great discounts for people attending our conference. For more information about these discounts click here.

For those of you who have already booked your accommodation, where are you staying?

This forum is a great way of finding out where other testers are staying and you could use this information to organise meetups during the course of your stay in Dublin.

Nick
    Participant
    @nick

We are a group attending this years EuroSTAR and we mangerd to all book at the same hotel which happened to have a very good price……

http://www.academyplazahotel.ie/

Neil
    Participant
    @neil

I’m staying in Parnell Street, just off the top of O’Connell Street. It’s a longer transfer to the Convention Centre each day (about a 20-minute walk, or five minutes on the Luas) but it means I’m in the heart of the city in the evenings, closer to the action 🙂

The Luas is Dublin’s tram system, it’s frequent, reliable and cheap. It’s divided into zones (see this map) and ticket prices are based on how many zones you travel through. The most convenient stop for the Convention Centre is Spencer Dock (near the end of the line) and a two-zone ticket will get you as far west as Heuston station, making many city centre hotels a viable option.

At the time of writing, a two-zone return ticket (to get you to the Convention Centre and back again) is €3.80, or an unlimited 7-day ticket is €16.40 – more about ticket prices here.

I’ll be in Dublin from Sunday to Sunday, so plenty of time before/after the conference for meetups and chats!

Emma
    Participant
    @emmaconnor

The EuroSTAR Team will be staying in the Maldron Hotel.. 🙂

We have a number of allocated discounted rooms in the hotels listed here http://www.eurostarconferences.com/attend-eurostar-conferences/accommodation
    I’d recommend booking as soon as possible to make sure to get the discount as there are only a limited amount of rooms available at the discounted rate.

We will be in Dublin on the Sunday night too if anyone is arriving in Dublin early let us know! 🙂

Stephen
    Participant
    @stevean

Anyone staying at The Pearse Hotel. It’s the cheapest available via my corporate booking system. As they’ve left it to late to authorise me booking on them the prices are going up and the available budget is going down. 🙁

Kim
    Participant
    @punkmik

I ended up booking one of the Jury inn Hotels. I did not see the great page mentioned with the discount codes though! Oops!

Serves me right for being very excited about the trip! 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘EuroSTAR 2014’ is closed to new topics and replies.