Automation vs. Intelligence – “Come With Me, if You Want to Live” – With Viktor Slavchev
*Unfortunately we experienced some technical difficulties at the start of Vikthor’s webinar, please scroll down to catch the first few minutes.
Have you ever heard the story that your job is automatable, that all the human testers will be replaced by machines or automated tests and you will lose your job? Or even worse, that machines and artificial intelligence will take over our craft and our life and we will be totally useless. Do you buy these? Are you afraid?
“Come with me, if you want to live” – this was the famous line that many members of the Human resistance in the Terminator franchise used, when offering their help in the war against Skynet.
So, come with me (and John Connor), and join the testing resistance to fight on the side of intellect against the evil machine army. I am willing to challenge the I part in AI on contest by focusing on few key topics:
- If we were really “at war” for productivity and capabilities against machines, do we really have a chance? What are the benefits of human intelligence?
- Can’t we just “feed” our knowledge into an intelligent machine?
- Is expert work just a set of procedures we can codify? Action vs. behaviour.
- Can we translate testing into machine language? Polimorphic and mimeomorphic actions – what are these?
- Practical review on the current state of AI compared to human testing.
- Realistic view of the abilities human tester has, what makes them unique and untranslatable to a machine.
- Practical advice how to promote and develop skills that make us stand out, even when compared with machines.