What annoys testers the most ?

Home Forums Software Testing Discussions What annoys testers the most ?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Tassawer
    Participant
    @tassaweramin

Share your experiences what annoys you the most as a tester e.g.

• Issues getting rejected
    • Regression being introduced by developers
    • Poorly written test reports
    • etc…
    stefan
    Participant
    @ipstefan

As a tester you are working in various situations and with various people and departments.

What it annoys me the most is people not communicating to each other:

Test-manager with project manager, cto with dev lead, sys admin with devs, testers between them, test lead to dev lead, testers with devs, business analysts with project owner and so on.

Whenever there’s a weak link in communication, the tester is usually in the middle and is frustrated about it. He has to fix the situation one way or the other.

Archana
    Participant
    @archana

One issue that I am facing in my current project is that the test environment is not very stable and it is really annoying me. Rather than spending my time testing, I have been stuck up in the environment issues.

JerryWeinberg
    Participant
    @jerryweinberg

Many of my tester clients tell me the same annoying thing: micromanagement of their job by managers who don’t understand testing at all (but of course think they do).

Tassawer
    Participant
    @tassaweramin

Many of my tester clients tell me the same annoying thing: micromanagement of their job by managers who don’t understand testing at all (but of course think they do).

🙂

John
    Participant
    @johnbakiko

Absence of candies in the kitchen room =))) But seriously it is when developer says that bug is irrelevant just because he doesn`t want to fix it.

Kristina
    Participant
    @gedmikri

Trial bugs. By saying this, I mean the ones, which could have been found, if developer would have done self testing or have executed unit test case. Bugs which could be easily identified using EP and BVA techniques.  Developers must understand, that to register a bug – takes a time to testers, as well as to re-test it again.

Archana
    Participant
    @archana

the ones, which could have been found, if developer would have done self testing or have executed unit test case

Completely agree.

Ravee
    Participant
    @rmullaguri

I can live with many annoying issues like,

1. Env is not stable – I have an opportunity to learn and investigate more about an environment.

2. When developer rejects the bug. I have opportunity to  teach developer about requirement and application behaviour.

But I can’t tolerate one big issue, when people like developers, architects and product owner / PM exclude testers from technical meetings/discussions and expect you to test effectively.  These guys need to understand the more knowledge tester has more efficient tester he can be.

Archana
    Participant
    @archana

Another annoying thing when the developer fixes an issue on only one page and the same issue exists in other places. The developer should be very well aware of where all the same feature is implemented / used. For example, a user lookup is not working correctly, it should be fixed across all pages. But most times this does not happen.

Alin
    Participant
    @groza-alin88

A very annoying situation is when requirements are changed and changes are not documented nor communicated to testers. Failed tests will require more time for investigation to be able to determine where the problems are: in the test or in the application.

Kasper
    Participant
    @kasper

More surprising (well not that surprising) to me than annoying but most of the issues raised here I consider to be part of being a tester.
    You are the glue, investigator AND tester in a team.
    If you don’t like to be kept out of the loop – how can you make sure you get invited into the group?
    If you are not aware as requirements change – why is that? How can you make sure you are noticed and thus notified?
    If a developer has the same code in several places why isn’t she told that she is supposed to use one class for it?
    I the devs don’t test – why is that not in the Definition of Done?

And so on…

Don’t you think it is part of your job as tester to take care of these things?

Carol
    Participant
    @carols

When the release date is fixed, and scope changes have occurred, to make things “fit”, it’s always QA that takes the hit…like it’s the least important part of the release cycle, and doesn’t matter.

Yet when a customer reports a bug, who gets the blame – yes, the testers.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.