The differences between system testing and release testing?

Home Forums Software Testing Discussions The differences between system testing and release testing?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ronan Healy
    Keymaster
    @ronan

This might be more of a dev question. I have heard of both before but the difference between the two can be somewhat confusing (well for me!) I have hear before that release testing should not be down by a team that is involved in the product development.

Also where does UAT fit into all of this?

Abir Khan
    Participant
    @abir11khan

Ronan,

I guess everything fall under Release Testing. System Testing and UAT should also fall under Release Testing as well.

We do everything to keep the Release output calm, is not it that!

Sneha Singh
    Participant
    @sneha-singh

Hii ,

System testing:-

System testing of software or hardware is testing conducted on a complete, integrated system to evaluate the system’s compliance with its specified requirements. System testing falls within the scope of black box testing, and as such, should require no knowledge of the inner design of the code or logic.

Release testing:-
    Each release undergoes a series of automated and manual testing to ensure the quality of the finished product. In order to maximize our ability to find bugs before users do, we conduct a battery of tests designed to exercise as much functionality as possible. These tests emphasize variety over raw quantity, however with each feature release requiring approximately a week of round-the-clock testing, there is plenty of quantity too

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.