Testing Microservices

Home Forums Software Testing Discussions Testing Microservices

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ronan Healy
    Keymaster
    @ronan

Has anyone here ever tested Microservices? It is something that I am curious about. Microservices have been called a silver bullet for all architectural problems but I am not too sure about that.

Microservices require a different test strategy too so I am wondering if you have testing microservices, how have you gone about it?

Kasper
    Participant
    @kasper

I have tested Microservices. Testing the services themselves is not very hard since they are usually fairly minimalistic in features.
    The interesting things to test are all the business rules, transformations, API’s, and data storage.
    So when I test microservices I tend to spend a lot of time on the business rules and data transformations, some time at the API and database and fairly little time at the services themselves.

Archana
    Participant
    @archana

Thanks Kasper. I have just started testing Microservices and I am finding your approach helpful.

Tassawer
    Participant
    @tassaweramin

Also found this article 3 Tools for Testing Microservices quite relevant to this topic.

rob
    Participant
    @rmeaney

2 very simple things to start with:

1. Ensure that you’re using CDC’s(consumer driven contract) type tests to ensure that your micro-services fulfil their contracts with one another.

2. Build out API level tests including synthetics which alert in production when there’s an issue.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.