How To Use Selenium Successfully
What is Selenium? Why should you use it? And how do you use it successfully? In this talk, Dave answers these questions as he steps through through the why, how, and what of Selenium (the open-source automated web-testing tool used by millions of people world-wide).
He also discusses how to start from nothing and build out a well factored, maintainable, resilient, fast and scalable set of tests in Java. These tests will not only work well, but across all of the browsers you care about, while exercising relevant functionality that matters to your business.
– What Selenium is, where it came from, and where it’s heading
– Decompose an existing web application to identify what to test
– Identify which browsers to test with
– Pick the best language for you and your team
– Setup Selenium to work with each browser you care about
– Write maintainable and reusable Selenium tests that will be cross-browser compatible and performant
– Build an integrated feedback loop to automate test runs and find issues fast
– Setup your own infrastructure or connect to a cloud provider
– Dramatically improve test times with parallelization
– Navigate the Selenium landscape to find information on your own