Seven Proven Ways to Ruin Your Test Automation
Date of Webinar: 20/09/2018
At conferences, somebody will show you how to get started with test automation or how to improve it. Nobody ever tells you how to kill it!
Lots of people succeed accidentally, but in this webinar Seretta will disclose proven methods to do it deliberately. Even more she will reveal how this could be prevented (using test automation patterns) so that you can plan your countermeasures!
- A sure method for success is to let a lone champion keep all important knowledge for himself or herself. Is the champion gone (and of course that can be quite easily arranged!), your automation will be dead in its tracks.
- Another way is to develop the testware exclusively within a specific tool. Scrap the tool (Seretta can suggest some good reasons to do that) and again your automation is done for.
- For managers, the best method is to feign support, but not really give it. Test automators will spend all their energy trying to fit automation work around other work, trying to get resources, information or simply help from specialists. Progress on automation will come to a crawl and managers can conclude that test automation was not a good idea!
- Recognize test automation issues before they can do real harm
- Get a set of proven solutions to those same issues
- Know how to access and use the test automation patterns wiki