Usability Testing of an e-commerce Shopping Portal
One of the online shopping sites that offer the latest in apparel.
It was festival season and many online shopping businesses has started running offers on every item to attract visitors. In the same way, the client also started displaying offers on his site. Very soon, the client realized that not much sales were happening on his site. When the client was doing a competitor analysis, the client identified that there is a lot of customer drop off and no sales. With tons of stock to be cleared through online sales, the client was really frightened about his business. The client wanted to immediately find out problems in his site. The client immediately started searching for a reliable and an efficient Testing solution to solve all his problems. Fortunately, the client has approached ClicTest.
To perform Usability Testing and find out the reasons for immediate check out of the visitors from the site without buying anything.
One of the fast emerging Product-Enabled Independent Software Testing Company, ClicTest has quickly understood that the main problem is that there is a Usability issue with Website. To find out user experience on the website, ClicTest has deployed its large pool of virtual testers to test website. ClicTest identified that its users were experiencing extremely poor functional and performance issues with the website. ClicTest recommended the client to use its reliable and efficient functional and performance testing solution.
Using ClicTest, the client performed Functional and Performance Testing for the e-commerce Website in the following ways:
- ‘Requirement Scenario’ allowed the team to record Requirements in the form of audio and video and all those recorded Requirement Videos were stored in a single repository.
- ‘Test Plan’ allowed to create milestones and map with the sprints.
- Captured Objects and created Automation Test Cases with no Technical intervention.
- Created Test Suites with required Test Cases.
- Imported Test Cases from other sources and stored in a centralized repository through ‘Import’ feature.
- Wizard driven interface helped to easily perform Automated Functional Testing.
- Used Functional Test Cases as inputs for Performance Testing.
- Distributed Performance Test Execution across different Load Generators.
- Used Dynamic ramp up to increase/decrease no. of users and ramp up time while execution is in progress.
The client has performed Testing by leveraging the following advantageous options:
- Cloud platform for on-demand testing (No infrastructure and installation required)
- Single window solution for End-to-End testing
- ‘Pay only for what you test’ model
- Access anytime from anywhere
- Secure logging
- Wizard driven and very easy to use
- No technical knowledge required for automated testing
- Single repository for all the test cases
- Consolidated reports
The client was extremely happy to find a timely service and solution in ClicTest. The client has easily performed testing on a single-window to identify functional and performance issues in the website. The client has leveraged ‘Pay only for what you test’ model for his testing which accommodated his budget. As a single-window solution, it has helped the client to significantly minimize testing efforts and issues and re-launch his user-friendly website.