The Myths of Software Testing and QA?

Home Forums Software Testing Discussions The Myths of Software Testing and QA?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ronan Healy
    Keymaster
    @ronan

A blog post I featured recently on Blogspy looked at the Myths of Software Testing.

This might be a common question that you have discussed before but I am wondering what do you think are the most common myths you have heard about testing?

The most common one you hear about is people think QA and testing are the same thing and that testing costs too much.

What myths (either common or strange) of testing have you been asked about?

Jesper
    Participant
    @jesper-lindholt-ottosen

Ronan,

Have you seen thMis book:

Tassawer
    Participant
    @tassaweramin

An interesting myth about about testing Machines will make human testers obsolete:
    it’s often assumed that computers will someday render human testers obsolete.

Archana
    Participant
    @archana

Another one I would like to add is someone people believe “Only testers are Responsible for Quality of Product”

JerryWeinberg
    Participant
    @jerryweinberg

If you’re really interested in the myths about QA and Testing (not the same thing, of course), you might start with the entire book I’ve written on the subject: <b style=”font-family: ‘Times New Roman’; font-size: 23px;”>Perfect Software And Other Illusions About Testing</b>

Archana
    Participant
    @archana

Read about another myth here which I believe is also very common:

Testers Add No Value to The Software

People who conceive this myth often are made to believe that a tester’s role is strictly limited and adds no value to the product.

On the contrary, a skilled tester is often an expert of the system (product) under test. Unlike the programmers who often spend most of their time working on a very specific area, function or component of the application, the tester analyzes and understands how the entire system works from an end-to-end standpoint. Testers get a better chance to demonstrate their understanding of the product in  a way that adds value to to the product.

Melvin
    Participant
    @msalazar18

Another myth I think is “Software Testing is easy”.

Darya Manukhina
    Participant
    @manukhinadarya

I faced with such myth: http://www.xmind.net/m/nB2K The main: Everyone can test, due to everyone has a PC and a smartphone

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.