The Core of Testing

Home Forums Software Testing Discussions The Core of Testing

Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Anne Mette
    Participant
    @annemettehass

Peter

Seriously, Do we need a webinar for this? => From the Testers at my client

AM:
    There are so many things in this world we don’t need, but that others might find useful.

This was a serious reaction of four testers who take their craft seriously and saw a webinar that was “explaining” how to test in a certain way. Something we already do for years. We did not see something new, something innovating. What is ISO29119 bringing to us?

AM: If you have done like this for years, you are right that you don’t need the webinar.

Anne Mette
    Participant
    @annemettehass

Peter https://huddle.eurostarsoftwaretesting.com/members/simonsaysnomore/

How much time does it take from the start of collecting the”test basis” to the execution of the first test following the information (i.e. dynamic testing) given in this presentation.?

AM:
    Sometimes it takes a few minutes sometimes more; it all depends on the nature of the test basis.

Anne Mette
    Participant
    @annemettehass

Karen

Hello Anne –

I read your comment about not wanting to question 29119 in this forum, ok. But I do want to ask (and I believe this is one point to the discussion), can you share:

1. How does 29119 help you? I did not see or hear a direct correlation to 29119. Perhaps the correlation is implicit to you and that is understandable if you work with it and are involved in its foundation and formation – but I am not – I would like you to draw an explicit correlation to your test process as outlined and how 29119 helps guide the process.

thank you,
    Karen N. Johnson

AM:
    I’m not sure what you mean by ‘correlation’, the process I outlined is as it is described in ISO 29119, and it helped me get a stepwise approach to getting from the test basis to the test cases. It also helps me to be able to explain to others how I end up with the test cases I end up with.

Ronan Healy
    Keymaster
    @ronan

For those of you that would like to continue discussing the ISO standards generally, there is a separate thread dedicated to it on this forum here.

Pia
    Participant
    @danpia

Hi Anne Mette

Is or will the presentation be available for download ?

🙂
    Pia

Ronan Healy
    Keymaster
    @ronan

Hi @pia

The link to view the webinar is here. Generally presentations on TEST Huddle are not available to download. That is the discretion of the presenter though.

Pia
    Participant
    @danpia

Hi @Ronan

Thank U very much

🙂
    Pia

Mohamed
    Participant
    @eetester

I’m little confused , why to be not aligned with ISTQB Scheme , why to ignore some other points like TPI ,TMMI in process improvements
    also ,it doesn’t fit the real testing life which is always under pressure because of the speed of development cycle !!!!

Anne Mette
    Participant
    @annemettehass

Mohamed
    I’m little confused , why to be not aligned with ISTQB Scheme , why to ignore some other points like TPI ,TMMI in process improvements
    also ,it doesn’t fit the real testing life which is always under pressure because of the speed of development cycle !!!!

We cannot do much concerning management’s or our own uge to speed – that is a different issue.

The ISO standard is influenced by ISTQB, and as aligned as it can be to a set of syllabi that is not necessarily internally consistent. It is also influenced by a lot of other testing knowledge, but not directly aligned with TPI that is privately owned.

Best regards
    Anne Mette

Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.