OFFLINE DISCUSSION FOR : BDD MEET UP

Home Forums Meet-Ups/Events/Test Days OFFLINE DISCUSSION FOR : BDD MEET UP

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Participant
    @punkmik

As our first official event was so successful we have organised another for the 27th May in central Brighton, UK.

This time the theme is BDD or Behavioural Driven Development.

More details here:

BrighTest Tester Gathering – BDD – Testing Requirements

Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 7:00 PM

RAKUTEN ATTRIBUTION
    42 Frederick Place, BN1 4EA Brighton, GB

38 Testers Went

After the grand success of the first evening of presentations we are back with another session on May 27th on BDD.WHAT:We will focus on Behavioural Driven Development with a presentation by Alan Parkinson!Beers, Soft drinks and Pizza sponsored by Crunch.Summary:BDD – Testing RequirementsMany software projects suffer from a hidden requiremen…

Check out this Meetup →

If you have any questions or thoughts feel free to discuss them here and I will also write a summary which may provoke discussion, hopefully. 🙂

Kim
    Participant
    @punkmik

Today is the meet up so I am looking forward to reporting learnings from it.

As a warm up I thought I would share Rikke Simonsen’s slide deck from TestBash 2015!

BDD – A single shared source of truth.

Ronan Healy
    Keymaster
    @ronan

@kim Best of luck with it tonight Kim. I’m sure it will go very well.

Nicholas
    Participant
    @shicky

@kim How did the meetup go? Do you record these?

Kim
    Participant
    @punkmik

Hey! we didn’t record them this time but we may record the next one!
    It went really well. Here a small summary and pictures can be found on Facebook and the blog.

We were around 20 people and only half of that crowd were testers (which we are very proud of); there also were developers, Business Analysts and Product Owners in the room. This made for a great collaborative talk and session.

The slides can be found here

Alan kept the content fresh with presenting initial problems that everyone could relate to. He even wore his “It is not a bug, it is a feature” T-shirt which is a saying all of us tester will have heard at some point.

We then went through how to improve requirements and understand them to avoid exactly that statement.

To highlight how hard it can be to write requirements, Alan had prepared a game. Half the team became BAs and had 7 minutes to write requirements and the other half then had to “develop” based on those in exactly the same time.
    It was great to see how different the instructions and drawings ended up being. It also highlighted that writing requirements and developing based on those can take equal amount of time.

You can find some of the tweets using the hashtag #BrighTest on twitter. The problem with the hashtag is though that a lot of lightbulb companies seem to use it too…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.