So .. the part of convincing the BOSS that you should go to EuroSTAR 2016 .. (or any other) starts now. One part obviously is the program: talks, workshops etc – and how they fit in with the company’s needs*. But even if you don’t know the program details yet, you can still outline HOW:
When I come back from EuroSTAR 2016 I will:
– Make the slides available for all interested
– Hold an overview talk about the people I met
– Hold Lunch&Learn / Brown bag sessions on special selected talks
– Do a demo of a new tool or technique
– BLOG before, during and after (internally?
– TWEET before during and after ( or use SLACK)