Test Lab

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    alt
    Participant
    @alt_lv

Hello everyone!

I’m bringing great news to you! Test Lab will happen (;
    We’re of with a bumpy start but steadily it’s taking the shape that we believe you’d enjoy a great deal.

We are planning to have a variety of activities and challenges (testing related, obviously) (;
    They will be announced as soon we’re clear on when we will have which focus sessions!

Focus session – will be a half a day event where most of activities will be grouped around specific topics.

As an example/teaser :
    We are proud to announce that there will be sessions dedicated to:

• Mobile testing (the conference theme is there for a reason, right?!)
    • Security testing
    • Doodling, Sketching, other kinds of note taking (;
    • and more (;

We’re still ironing out the when and what in more details (; yet we believe it’s coming together nicely 🙂

Things we know for sure:

• The Master Minions at the attendee disposal are – Adina and me 🙂
    • The rest of the Lest Lab Crew (Regular minions) will be announced as soon as we’re sure that everyone that is contacted, can make it 😉

To have fun at lab YOU SHOULD:

• Have a sufficient level of curiosity
    • bring your own laptop (security)
    • bring your smart phone(we have a surprise (; )
    • and a pair of headphones won ‘t hurt ether :p

There will be some laptops and smartphones, yet – lets face it – nothing beat testing from a device that you know speaks to you while listening to the every command you are giving to it 😉
    As for the headphones – there will be challenges around them – as well as – we do know that sometimes it could get too loud to focus 😉 Music of your choice or active noise canceling does magic then 😉

We’re also looking for sponsors – in case you know some willing to help – let us now 😉

Questions?! :p

-^. ^=-
    ~~ ~~

alt
    Participant
    @alt_lv

TADAAA

The decision about this years little helpers have been made – and their arrival confirmed:
    Without further a due – the Happy go Lucky Test Lab crew members are:

• Carly Dyson
    • Jyothi Rangaiah
    • Susan van de Ven

Round of applause is expected.

Our team will do our best to meet your needs and bring forth challenges you’d like to take a part in 😉
    See you in the Lab!

-^. ^=-
    ~~ ~~

alt
    Participant
    @alt_lv

Dear All!

The program is up. If there will be sudden changes – it will be visible in the lab and announced on twitter! Follow the @theTestLab as well the #TestLab

2015 Test Lab Programme

Tuesday – Focus – Note Taking & Bug Logging

12:00 – 14:30 GRAND OPENING
        16:00 – 17:00 [Hands-On Session] “It’s about the notes” with Raji Bhamadipati
        18:00 – 19:00 [Hands-On Session] “Test this! mass/solo testing session” with Guna Petrova
        Note: 17:45 – 18:30 It’s party time 😉 – HPE Expo Party!

Wednesday – Morning Focus -Testing & Thinking & Session Based Test Management (SBTM)

10:30 – 11:00 Testinsane Challenge. Are you ready?
        12:00 – 13:15 [Hands-On Session] “On Session Based Test Management” with James Lyndsay

Wednesday – Afternoon Focus -Mobile testing

13:30 – 14:45 [Hands-On Session] “Where To Start With Mobile Testing” with Stephen Janaway Mobile Testing
        15:45 – 16:15 [Free Discussion] Gather in the lab and talk about your challenges with mobile testing
        17:00-17:45 [Hands-On Session] Mass mobile testing with Stephen Janaway

Thursday – Focus – Tools & Security Testing

08:30-10:30 Ongoing Exercises Tools & Security Testing
        10:45-11:30 [Hands-On Session] Bill : ‘OWASP ZAP: From zero to hero
        14:00 Test Lab Closing

-^. ^=-
    ~~ ~~

Ronan Healy
    Keymaster
    @ronan

@alt_lv That programme looks great.. I might try get to one or two of the sessions myself!

alt
    Participant
    @alt_lv

OUr crew is still on the way to recover from all the coffee being all around and rying to engage the best way possible 🙂

We would greatly appreciate feedback on this lab to give hints and aspects to look at the next version of it – and thrust me – next year will be grand 🙂 there was a reason these specific crew members got selected 😉

Please let us know what your thoughts were

• Did you liked it 🙂
    • Was it fun,
    • Did you learn something.
    • Are there thins you’d like to improve 🙂
    • Would you suggest your friends of collogues to attend Test labs at esconfs in upcoming events?

-^. ^=-
    ~~ ~~

Magnus
    Participant
    @mange-pettersson

Thank you for a most excellent test lab this year.

1. I enjoyed it, a lot.
    2. Yes. Even though I got stuck on one of the wooden puzzles and probably spent more time with it than was gfood for me.
    3. Yes. I attended the note taking session and it was interesting and a good learning experience.
    4. It would be great if the challanges/puzzles were a little clearer. And I would love more short sessions in the lab.
    5. Absolutely.

alt
    Participant
    @alt_lv

Here are some pictures from the Test lab
    -> tinyurl.com/TestLab2015

Please send in yours – if you have thetestlabmail[at]gmail.com

-^. ^=-
    ~~ ~~

alt
    Participant
    @alt_lv

(: Feedbacks are good – they will make better lab next year 😉

-^. ^=-
    ~~ ~~

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘EuroSTAR 2015’ is closed to new topics and replies.