- October 8, 2015 at 8:07 pm #9623
I’m bringing great news to you! Test Lab will happen (;
We’re of with a bumpy start but steadily it’s taking the shape that we believe you’d enjoy a great deal.
We are planning to have a variety of activities and challenges (testing related, obviously) (;
They will be announced as soon we’re clear on when we will have which focus sessions!
Focus session – will be a half a day event where most of activities will be grouped around specific topics.
As an example/teaser :
We are proud to announce that there will be sessions dedicated to:
- Mobile testing (the conference theme is there for a reason, right?!)
- Security testing
- Doodling, Sketching, other kinds of note taking (;
- and more (;
We’re still ironing out the when and what in more details (; yet we believe it’s coming together nicely 🙂
Things we know for sure:
- The Master Minions at the attendee disposal are – Adina and me 🙂
- The rest of the Lest Lab Crew (Regular minions) will be announced as soon as we’re sure that everyone that is contacted, can make it 😉
To have fun at lab YOU SHOULD:
- Have a sufficient level of curiosity
- bring your own laptop (security)
- bring your smart phone(we have a surprise (; )
- and a pair of headphones won ‘t hurt ether :p
There will be some laptops and smartphones, yet – lets face it – nothing beat testing from a device that you know speaks to you while listening to the every command you are giving to it 😉
As for the headphones – there will be challenges around them – as well as – we do know that sometimes it could get too loud to focus 😉 Music of your choice or active noise canceling does magic then 😉
We’re also looking for sponsors – in case you know some willing to help – let us now 😉
~~ ~~October 19, 2015 at 9:22 pm #9746
The decision about this years little helpers have been made – and their arrival confirmed:
Without further a due – the Happy go Lucky Test Lab crew members are:
- Carly Dyson
- Jyothi Rangaiah
- Susan van de Ven
Round of applause is expected.
Our team will do our best to meet your needs and bring forth challenges you’d like to take a part in 😉
See you in the Lab!
~~ ~~October 20, 2015 at 7:51 pm #9753
The program is up. If there will be sudden changes – it will be visible in the lab and announced on twitter! Follow the @theTestLab as well the #TestLab
2015 Test Lab Programme
Tuesday – Focus – Note Taking & Bug Logging
- 12:00 – 14:30 GRAND OPENING
- 16:00 – 17:00 [Hands-On Session] “It’s about the notes” with Raji Bhamadipati
- 18:00 – 19:00 [Hands-On Session] “Test this! mass/solo testing session” with Guna Petrova
- Note: 17:45 – 18:30 It’s party time 😉 – HPE Expo Party!
Wednesday – Morning Focus -Testing & Thinking & Session Based Test Management (SBTM)
- 10:30 – 11:00 Testinsane Challenge. Are you ready?
- 12:00 – 13:15 [Hands-On Session] “On Session Based Test Management” with James Lyndsay
Wednesday – Afternoon Focus -Mobile testing
- 13:30 – 14:45 [Hands-On Session] “Where To Start With Mobile Testing” with Stephen Janaway Mobile Testing
- 15:45 – 16:15 [Free Discussion] Gather in the lab and talk about your challenges with mobile testing
- 17:00-17:45 [Hands-On Session] Mass mobile testing with Stephen Janaway
Thursday – Focus – Tools & Security Testing
- 08:30-10:30 Ongoing Exercises Tools & Security Testing
- 10:45-11:30 [Hands-On Session] Bill : ‘OWASP ZAP: From zero to hero
- 14:00 Test Lab Closing
~~ ~~October 21, 2015 at 5:10 pm #9763
@alt_lv That programme looks great.. I might try get to one or two of the sessions myself!November 7, 2015 at 11:10 pm #10026
OUr crew is still on the way to recover from all the coffee being all around and rying to engage the best way possible 🙂
We would greatly appreciate feedback on this lab to give hints and aspects to look at the next version of it – and thrust me – next year will be grand 🙂 there was a reason these specific crew members got selected 😉
Please let us know what your thoughts were
- Did you liked it 🙂
- Was it fun,
- Did you learn something.
- Are there thins you’d like to improve 🙂
- Would you suggest your friends of collogues to attend Test labs at esconfs in upcoming events?
~~ ~~November 9, 2015 at 3:49 pm #10027
Thank you for a most excellent test lab this year.
1. I enjoyed it, a lot.
2. Yes. Even though I got stuck on one of the wooden puzzles and probably spent more time with it than was gfood for me.
3. Yes. I attended the note taking session and it was interesting and a good learning experience.
4. It would be great if the challanges/puzzles were a little clearer. And I would love more short sessions in the lab.
5. Absolutely.November 9, 2015 at 8:40 pm #10028
Here are some pictures from the Test lab
Please send in yours – if you have thetestlabmail[at]gmail.com
~~ ~~November 11, 2015 at 7:02 pm #10034
(: Feedbacks are good – they will make better lab next year 😉
The forum ‘EuroSTAR 2015’ is closed to new topics and replies.