• Author

Hello everyone!

I’m bringing great news to you! Test Lab will happen (;
    We’re of with a bumpy start but steadily it’s taking the shape that we believe you’d enjoy a great deal.

We are planning to have a variety of activities and challenges (testing related, obviously) (;
    They will be announced as soon we’re clear on when we will have which focus sessions!

Focus session – will be a half a day event where most of activities will be grouped around specific topics.

As an example/teaser :
    We are proud to announce that there will be sessions dedicated to:

• Mobile testing (the conference theme is there for a reason, right?!)
    • Security testing
    • Doodling, Sketching, other kinds of note taking (;
    • and more (;

We’re still ironing out the when and what in more details (; yet we believe it’s coming together nicely πŸ™‚

Things we know for sure:

• The Master Minions at the attendee disposal are – Adina and me πŸ™‚
    • The rest of the Lest Lab Crew (Regular minions) will be announced as soon as we’re sure that everyone that is contacted, can make it πŸ˜‰

To have fun at lab YOU SHOULD:

• Have a sufficient level of curiosity
    • bring your own laptop (security)
    • bring your smart phone(we have a surprise (; )
    • and a pair of headphones won ‘t hurt ether :p

There will be some laptops and smartphones, yet – lets face it – nothing beat testing from a device that you know speaks to you while listening to the every command you are giving to it πŸ˜‰
    As for the headphones – there will be challenges around them – as well as – we do know that sometimes it could get too loud to focus πŸ˜‰ Music of your choice or active noise canceling does magic then πŸ˜‰

We’re also looking for sponsors – in case you know some willing to help – let us now πŸ˜‰

Questions?! :p

-^. ^=-
    ~~ ~~

The decision about this years little helpers have been made – and their arrival confirmed:
    Without further a due – the Happy go Lucky Test Lab crew members are:

• Carly Dyson
    • Jyothi Rangaiah
    • Susan van de Ven

Round of applause is expected.

Our team will do our best to meet your needs and bring forth challenges you’d like to take a part in πŸ˜‰
    See you in the Lab!

-^. ^=-
    ~~ ~~

Dear All!

The program is up. If there will be sudden changes – it will be visible in the lab and announced on twitter! Follow the @theTestLab as well the #TestLab

2015 Test Lab Programme

Tuesday – Focus – Note Taking & Bug Logging

12:00 – 14:30 GRAND OPENING
        16:00 – 17:00 [Hands-On Session] β€œIt’s about the notes” with Raji Bhamadipati
        18:00 – 19:00 [Hands-On Session] β€œTest this! mass/solo testing session” with Guna Petrova
        Note: 17:45 – 18:30 It’s party time πŸ˜‰ – HPE Expo Party!

Wednesday – Morning Focus -Testing & Thinking & Session Based Test Management (SBTM)

10:30 – 11:00 Testinsane Challenge. Are you ready?
        12:00 – 13:15 [Hands-On Session] β€œOn Session Based Test Management” with James Lyndsay

Wednesday – Afternoon Focus -Mobile testing

13:30 – 14:45 [Hands-On Session] β€œWhere To Start With Mobile Testing” with Stephen Janaway Mobile Testing
        15:45 – 16:15 [Free Discussion] Gather in the lab and talk about your challenges with mobile testing
        17:00-17:45 [Hands-On Session] Mass mobile testing with Stephen Janaway

Thursday – Focus – Tools & Security Testing

08:30-10:30 Ongoing Exercises Tools & Security Testing
        10:45-11:30 [Hands-On Session] Bill : β€˜OWASP ZAP: From zero to hero
        14:00 Test Lab Closing

-^. ^=-
    ~~ ~~

@alt_lv That programme looks great.. I might try get to one or two of the sessions myself!

OUr crew is still on the way to recover from all the coffee being all around and rying to engage the best way possible πŸ™‚

We would greatly appreciate feedback on this lab to give hints and aspects to look at the next version of it – and thrust me – next year will be grand πŸ™‚ there was a reason these specific crew members got selected πŸ˜‰

Please let us know what your thoughts were

• Did you liked it πŸ™‚
    • Was it fun,
    • Did you learn something.
    • Are there thins you’d like to improve πŸ™‚
    • Would you suggest your friends of collogues to attend Test labs at esconfs in upcoming events?

-^. ^=-
    ~~ ~~

Thank you for a most excellent test lab this year.

1. I enjoyed it, a lot.
    2. Yes. Even though I got stuck on one of the wooden puzzles and probably spent more time with it than was gfood for me.
    3. Yes. I attended the note taking session and it was interesting and a good learning experience.
    4. It would be great if the challanges/puzzles were a little clearer. And I would love more short sessions in the lab.
    5. Absolutely.

Here are some pictures from the Test lab
    -> tinyurl.com/TestLab2015

Please send in yours – if you have thetestlabmail[at]gmail.com

-^. ^=-
    ~~ ~~

(: Feedbacks are good – they will make better lab next year πŸ˜‰

-^. ^=-
    ~~ ~~

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.