May 17, 2016 at 1:49 pm #11908Only available when logged in
As we are marking the birthday of TEST Huddle..again, we thought we would bring back the True or False Thread. Like last year, we are celebrating by giving you the present.
The rules are simple:.
State one, two or three statements about yourself below. It can be true or false. We will pick out our favourites and the winners will receive an Amazon Voucher. We may even have multiple winners depending on entries.
Obviously the crazier the statement the better and if it’s the truth, well that might be even better!
If you would like to guess if others statements are true or not, please do too.May 17, 2016 at 3:00 pm #11919Only available when logged in
I’ll kick it off.
I once turned up at the airport for a weekend break on the wrong Friday and missed my holiday!May 17, 2016 at 3:13 pm #11921@kerli125Only available when logged in
So that Ronan wouldn’t feel too lonely here 🙂 – these are my 3 statements:
1. When I was in 7th grade I had to stay in detention for a week as a punishment for refusing to represent the school in the regional mathematics olympiad.
2. During an island hopping trip in the Philippines, I survived sailing through a typhoon.
3. I’ve been strip-searched by a male officer (I’m female, so isn’t this illegal?) during a street rave festival, because they suspected that I was a drug dealer. Which I obviously wasn’t.May 17, 2016 at 4:06 pm #11927@daraghmOnly available when logged in
I’m going to have a go at distinguishing the truth from the lies in your comments.
1. When I was in 7th grade I had to stay in detention for a week as a punishment for refusing to represent the school in the regional mathematics olympiad. – TRUE
2. During an island hopping trip in the Philippines, I survived sailing through a typhoon. – FALSE
3. I’ve been strip-searched by a male officer (I’m female, so isn’t this illegal?) during a street rave festival, because they suspected that I was a drug dealer. Which I obviously wasn’t. – TRUE
How did I do?
Here’s my three:
1. I prefer cats to dogs
2. I grew up in Sweden
3. My favourite sport is Rugby.May 18, 2016 at 12:35 pm #11967Only available when logged in
Daragh, I’m guessing:
1. I prefer cats to dogs True
2. I grew up in Sweden False
3. My favourite sport is Rugby. True
My 3 statements:
1. I have participated in a Guiness world record try towards most people trying whiskey at the same time
2. I have a magnificent collection of various victorian garments.
3. I love honey, even though I am allergic to it. Sometimes I eat it just because it’s so good and accept the consequences.May 18, 2016 at 2:49 pm #11979@lorraine-banksOnly available when logged in
Happy Birthday Test Huddle 😀
Here are my statements!
1. I love gardening & would happily spend full weekends pottering around
2. I have a totally irrational fear of the dentist
3. I love camping holidays, nothing like the great outdoorsMay 18, 2016 at 2:54 pm #11981May 18, 2016 at 3:10 pm #11982May 18, 2016 at 3:47 pm #11984@lorraine-banksOnly available when logged in
Good guessing Magnus!May 18, 2016 at 4:13 pm #11985@emmaconnorOnly available when logged in
I’ll kick things off again,
Here are my statements:
1. I did Ballet for 17 years
2. I came first place in a painting competition
3. I love weight-lifting and going to the gymMay 19, 2016 at 10:17 am #12007May 19, 2016 at 1:09 pm #12017May 19, 2016 at 1:13 pm #12019May 20, 2016 at 8:16 am #12042May 20, 2016 at 1:39 pm #12059June 2, 2016 at 9:43 am #12203June 2, 2016 at 12:52 pm #12220Only available when logged in
No sport actually. Based on an essay I wrote about how my wife overcame a chronic illness to compete in triathlons, we were selected by the Olympic committee to be two of the torchbearers as the flame wound its way around the country on its way to Utah.June 16, 2016 at 11:33 am #12441Only available when logged in
OK, @mange-pettersson I will guess True, False, False
My three are:
1. I carried the Olympic torch
2. I sang on stage at Carnegie Hall
3. I have a collection of almost 250 books about Sherlock Holmes
Congratulations Dan. Your’s was picked as out favourite comments by the judges. I will be in contact soon.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.