Mind Maps In Testing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ronan Healy
    Keymaster
    @ronan

I read this blog post on Mind Mapping in Testing and it got me thinking about Mind Maps.

Having come across a few recently related to testing, I wonder how common they are in testing and if they are a useful tool or take up more effort than they are worth?

Would you say they are relevant to all areas in testing or are only particularly suited to certain testing disciplines?

Cristi
    Participant
    @cristi-preda

Thanks for sharing the blog! In exploratory testing it fits well, i think , and in many others areas.

Claudiu
    Participant
    @claudiu-draghia

hi,

If you look at the State of Testing Survey 2015 it says that 21..5% of testers use mind maps for documentation.
    here is the report: http://www.practitest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/State_of_Testing_Survey_2015.pdf

And if you are looking for a testing mindmap you might want to check out: thetestingmap.org

have fun !!

//claudiu D.

Balaji
    Participant
    @balajiponnada

Hi Ronan,

I use mind maps extensively in my testing. I find it useful in note taking during exploratory testing – keeps me always on track.
    I also use mind maps in test design, to quickly put my test ideas before I document them.

-Balaji

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.