How many languages you know and test

Home Forums Software Testing Discussions How many languages you know and test

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tassawer
    Participant
    @tassaweramin

It would be a nice to know how many multi lingual testers we have in our forum.

• Using their language proficiency professionally
    • Performing test in multiple languages
    • etc.
    Archana
    Participant
    @archana

Other than English, I am proficient in 3 other Indian languages – Hindi, Marathi and Gujarati. Though out of these, I have tested only in Hindi.

Devi
    Participant
    @devi

Many languages I know. But I have tested only in English. Trying to test in different languages soon. 🙂

Tassawer
    Participant
    @tassaweramin

Many languages I know. But I have tested only in English. Trying to test in different languages soon. 🙂

@devi
    How many languages do you know ???

Roman
    Participant
    @rpwheeler

I’m native speaker of Ukrainian and Russian. Most of my 10 years of experience I have tested projects with interface and documentation in English. A few projects I worked on had Russian interface and documentation.

One international software company I worked for supported in their software a lot of interface languages besides English: Spanish, Italian, French, German, Russian, Finnish, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional are those I remember and worked a bit with. Dealing with interfaces in European languages is not that hard after you know some English (you can guess or Google-translate what you see), but Chinese hieroglyphs is not something I could understand to any good degree so far and even type what I see. Had to switch interface language or to put next to the Chines interface the client with the same interface in English.

Had also to work a bit with interfaces in Hebrew and Arabic on other project, but the story was the same as with Chinese: I could not read any word, and looked at the interfaces only to check that they are there.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.