Hello! Please help me to solve testing task!!!

Home Forums Everyday Testing – Careers, Learning and more Hello! Please help me to solve testing task!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Yulia Sidorova
    Participant
    @yulia-sidorova

I need to write test cases on functionality! I guess It’s easy but I have no idea what should I do! Please help me! I’ve been given this testing task by my dream company that I want so bad to work for!

To implement web-service which will provide SOAP/HTTP interface for UI application. Web-service should return in response concatenated value of first name + last name found by user id provided in request to the service. Information about users is stored in database

USERS table with columns: User_id (number, PK), First_name (varchar2(50), nullable=true) Last_name (varchar2(50), nullable=false)

Mark Kiernan
    Participant
    @mark-kiernan

There isn’t a great deal of information here, but I think the first test case would be to test successful connection to the DB. Then move on to a test case that tests the ability to input information in different formats.

What do you guys thing?

Magnus
    Participant
    @mange-pettersson

There seems to be some answers in the provided database table info.

1. As said before, test a normal call to check connectivity. Ask for one UserID get concatenated first_name and last_name back.
    2. Test a connection with a non existant user ID to check that the application handles this.
    3. Investigate what happens when you try connecting with invalid user ID. Like characters/special signs/null. Database model states that User ID has to be a number so the webbservice has to handle this.
    4. Try connecting to get a user that has no first name (Database states that First_name may be null)
    5 Try connecting with User ID that is MAX INT
    6. Try connecting with a USer ID that is NULL

are some tests I can think of. There are probably more.

Ronan Healy
    Keymaster
    @ronan

Have you solved your problem @yulia-sidorova?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.