November 25, 2015 at 11:17 pm #10162Yulia SidorovaParticipant@yulia-sidorova
I need to write test cases on functionality! I guess It’s easy but I have no idea what should I do! Please help me! I’ve been given this testing task by my dream company that I want so bad to work for!
To implement web-service which will provide SOAP/HTTP interface for UI application. Web-service should return in response concatenated value of first name + last name found by user id provided in request to the service. Information about users is stored in database
USERS table with columns: User_id (number, PK), First_name (varchar2(50), nullable=true) Last_name (varchar2(50), nullable=false)November 26, 2015 at 2:06 pm #10164Mark KiernanParticipant@mark-kiernan
There isn’t a great deal of information here, but I think the first test case would be to test successful connection to the DB. Then move on to a test case that tests the ability to input information in different formats.
What do you guys thing?November 27, 2015 at 10:22 am #10169MagnusParticipant@mange-pettersson
There seems to be some answers in the provided database table info.
1. As said before, test a normal call to check connectivity. Ask for one UserID get concatenated first_name and last_name back.
2. Test a connection with a non existant user ID to check that the application handles this.
3. Investigate what happens when you try connecting with invalid user ID. Like characters/special signs/null. Database model states that User ID has to be a number so the webbservice has to handle this.
4. Try connecting to get a user that has no first name (Database states that First_name may be null)
5 Try connecting with User ID that is MAX INT
6. Try connecting with a USer ID that is NULL
are some tests I can think of. There are probably more.December 1, 2015 at 5:16 pm #10200
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.