EuroSTARonline: The Current State of Mobile Testing with Stephen Janaway

Home Forums Software Testing Discussions EuroSTARonline: The Current State of Mobile Testing with Stephen Janaway

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Stephen
    Participant
    @stephen-janaway

Yeah – they both run Android. Like most smaller manufacturers devices these days.

Afreen
    Participant
    @ahossain

Hi Stephen,
    Thanks a lot for the great presentation! I agree with you on many points and have taken similar approach while releasing mobile apps. Can you suggest a good tool that will help load testing on mobile?

Stephen
    Participant
    @stephen-janaway

Hi Afreen,

Will you be testing a mobile app or website?

Dan
    Participant
    @danielbilling

I can vouch for Bill’s expertise. I sat in on a course he delivered at LTGW last year, and also at Ministry of Testing.

You might want to consider proxying not only via Fiddler, but also through OWASP Zed Attack Proxy…use with caution though @Andy.

Afreen
    Participant
    @ahossain

@Stephen: Mobile app, not mobile site.

Stephen
    Participant
    @stephen-janaway

I’ve heard good things about Blaze Meter http://blazemeter.com/. It does depend though on how much of the work is being done by the mobile client rather than the server, If most of it’s server side then you’d be better deploying one of the popular desktop load testing tools instead (which are more mature).

Padmaraj
    Participant
    @padmaraj

@Stephen & All,

In my point of view and in my experience, the best practice with mobile app testing are::
    1) Manual/Automation tests – By Testers
    2) Unit Testing – By Developer
    3) Integration Test – (Developer/Tester)
    4) Test Environments – ( Dev Test / Pre Prod Test / Production Test )
    5) Device Coverage – Depend on version compatibility ( Own Internal Lab, Cowed source testing, Open device lab )

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.