• Author
    @tassaweramin

Are there any any QA differences between developing an application/program for commercial use (customers = revenue) and developing application/program for internal use (in-House) ?

Is there less or a different focus on testing if an application is developed only for internal use and there is nobody to buy the product ?

@jesper-lindholt-ottosen

Absolutely. There are all kinds of differences depending on the context.

• Internal business applications tend to have a focus on getting things done. Many enterprises still runs SAP and dynamics AX etc, while it’s a horribel interface it get’s things done. And the users rarely have any choice in tools.
    • Business 2 consumer, in contrast to business-to-business, have a greater challenge that people can user competitor – or plainly stop using your service.

On test coverage this is can be seen where an internal web app is only tested on “internally approved” browsers, a cunsomer facing wep solution have to support a range of browsers.

@cruzpaul

Commercial vs house software makes a big difference because the house is made it own and personal investment commercial analysis the market and some other stuff.

[modified by mod/jo]

@rpwheeler

Are there any any QA differences between developing an application/program for commercial use (customers = revenue) and developing application/program for internal use (in-House) ?

Sure 🙂

• Some in-house do not have any good testing at all.
    • They may lack usability very bad: those who are forced to use them have no choice.
    • When I develop some tool for internal use myself, I care mostly that it works. I don’t go any formal testing process. “<span class=”ms-translatable”>have a focus on getting things done”</span>, as Jesper said.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.