automation testing

Home Forums Software Testing Discussions automation testing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jahnvi
    Participant
    @gosaijahnvi

which language is best for automation testing?

ASP.Net Software Development

Darwin
    Participant
    @darwin

As automation is only the driving factor in testing, any language would help you achieve that. Also it really depends on your competence, capability, your team & the product you are testing!

If you are deciding to build something from start, then I would try to choose a language in which

1. There are some mature frameworks with wider community
    2. I am comfortable with
    3. I can get some assistance whenever I need help with anything

Mustakim
    Participant
    @mustakimshaikh

The most used language for Automation Testing is Java and JavaScript.

[Commercial content removed – Mod]

Razvan
    Participant
    @vrazvan

Hello,

The most popular language for now is Java. It has a huge background and probably most of the issues that you might encounter are already “fixed” on the internet.

In my opinion, I would strongly recommend getting started with JavaScript, regarding web automation testing. Its community is really fast-growing, it’s easier, the frameworks that use it are nicer, easier and fresher than the classic ones developed using Java (I think that even though I’ve been automating using Java for the last 4 years) – it also gets rid of the classic problems brought by Java (handling waits, etc)

The “hottest” JS Framework nowadays is Cypress. It’s really easy to setup an initial project and get it started with. Recently I started uploading tutorials from scratch on youtube – I really encourage you to have a look and convince yourself 🙂 In one hour tutorials you will be able from scratch to build a scalable framework that automated even complex scenarios 🙂 Enjoy it!

Of course, if you still want to learn automation with Java, I upload tutorials on this manner as well. Feel free to have a look, like and subscribe to the channel (it would mean a lot to me)! Cheers!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.