What is Test Management in Software Testing?
Test management is one of the most powerful tools available and being able to audit test coverage, execution, and results is critical. This is where a test management tool-based strategy comes into play. The test management strategy reduces the amount of waste measures required during the testing phase, allowing the process to move more quickly. It is impossible to overestimate the importance of test management solutions in producing high-quality goods.
Introduction of Test Management Tools
The Test Management Tool allows software quality assurance professionals to manage Test Case environments, Automated scripts, and other testing-related procedures, as well as give complete control panels and thorough tracking of quality assurance activities.
Best Test Management Tools
Below, we have shortlisted the best test management software tools:
- Zephyr Scale
- Zephyr Squad
- Requirements and Test Management for Jira (RTM)
- Xray – Cutting Edge Test Management
- TestFLO for JIRA
- SPIRATEST by Inflectra
We have detailed some of the tools in detail, including the functionality and capabilities they provide, from the tools listed above.
1) Zephyr Scale
Users claim that the Zephyr scale is difficult to use, yet it just takes a few minutes to get going. Zephyr’s scale defining functionality is not based on Jira issue types as a result of the merging with Jira.
The Zephyr scale allowed for more customization and similarity during testing, which is ideal for sectors that demand a strict audit trail.
Customers have a plethora of alternatives for validating all functionality with testing data and settings to put an end to it all.
SmartBear, a global provider of test management solutions with over 6 million customers, has chosen Zephyr Scale.
The PractiTest tool is the most recent testing tool on the market. It’s a SaaS Qa management system with the most up-to-date and appealing features. This technology allows the tester to concentrate on the quality of their job rather than on another assignment.
By focusing on capabilities and visibility, PractiTest’s dashboards and reports create a new standard for data. You may generate requirements, create and run tests, detect defects, and create bug reports using their good and customized filters.
Other bug tracking programs such as Bugzilla, JIRA, Pivotal Tracker, and Redmine, as well as other automation tools such as Jenkins, Selenium, and others, are all integrated. Their API allows for further customization to meet the needs of other processes.
3) Zephyr Squad
The most useful software test management tools were provided by the Zephyr squad.
Zephyr squad offers the most user-friendly software test management products, with around 18,000 customers and 5 million users in over 1000 countries.
With a range of deployment choices, the Zephyr squad met all of your requirements (Server, Cloud, Data Center). Integrate with the greatest systems, including JIRA and other integration and automation tools.
Zephyr Squad’s end-to-end solutions, unrivaled expandability, and support are relied upon by all businesses and teams of all sizes.
TestCollab is the most recent management tool for 2021, and it has been upgraded to meet QA requirements. Over 100 industries have relied on TestCollab for their QA process in the last 11 years.
Testcollab makes it simple to onboard your staff because the user interface is incredibly user-friendly and includes a live chat option.
The following are some of the things that TestCollab has to offer:
- Because of the integration with JIRA, you can post your bug in Testcollab from Jira, and you can see your reports in Jira using the Jira plugin. Test cases and test plans are also available.
- Work is automatically assigned to each tester when there are numerous testers, so you don’t have to assign test cases to each tester individually.
- Reusable suites — Use the same test case in several projects; when the test case for one project is updated, it is automatically updated in all the other projects.
- Modern additions include the ability to @mention in comments and in-app notifications.
- For a simple merger, an API-first architecture was used.
TestCollab offers a variety of programmes, including free, basic, and premium.
5) Requirements and Test Management for Jira (RTM)
Hexygen has developed an app for Jira Requirements and Test Management. Inside Jira, it creates the entire software process.
Jira, When it comes to increasing its capabilities, I demonstrate flexibility by allowing you to have all of the essential tools and objects in one location without requiring the use of any additional tools.
RTM for Jira will give you a single repository for all of your team members, requirements, and test cases if you’re stuck somewhere due to excessive tool administration and just want to start testing with your team.
- Out-of-the-box QA methodology that works.
- Configuration is simple and plug-and-play.
- Management of all requirements in one place.
- Jira native features get a lot of love.
- For all modules, a tree-structured view with folders and subfolders is available.
- Software project traceability from beginning to end.
- Jira’s REST API has been fixed, allowing you to link Jira to your test automation tools.
Ideally suited for:
- Workflow for testing that is consistent
- Testing of requirements
- Documentation evaluation
- Manual user interface testing
- Testing in an agile environment
One of the greatest test management solutions is XQual. You’ll be able to handle project planning, client requirements, project papers, test cases, releases, risks, issues, and more with this tool.
It’s DevOps-ready, and it’ll work with any continuous integration or versioning platform out there.
- A web application that is responsive (supports all browsers or all devices incl. tablets or smartphones for Android and iOS both).
- More than 80 connections are available for all of the finest automation frameworks on the market, including QTP/UFT, Selenium, Ranorex, JMeter, TestPartner, Sahi, Cucumber, RobotFramework, TestNg, TestComplete, TestStand, Postman, TestOptimal, Mocha, NeoLoad, QF-Test, Sikuli, SoapUi, and more.
- ClearQuest, JIRA, Bugzilla, Mantis, Trac, Redmine, YouTrack, and XQual integrate with the bug-tracking management module.
- Test characterization
- Shared/reusable test resources.
- Cloud or on-premises
7) Xray – Cutting Edge Test Management
Xray is a Jira-based manual and automated test management app. It’s a fully functional tool that exists inside Jira and is securely connected to it. Xray’s major goal is to assist enterprises in improving product quality and testing efficiency. They can plan, execute, and track their testing to ensure that all requirements are met.
Xray also supports both manual and automated testing, including Junit, BDD with cucumber, Robot, and others. Test planning, test specification, test case development, test execution, test reporting, and test maintenance are all covered by Xray. Apart from allowing you the flexibility to organize them in the same project or across many projects, you can use all of Jira’s features.
With over 4000 customers in 65 countries, Xray is Jira’s fastest-growing app.
Teams can use TestRail’s web-based test case management to obtain real-time information into their testing efforts.
You may simply collect test case or test scenario details such as screenshots and expected outcomes, as well as track the status of the test cases. Multiple test runs and setups are used to compare results. Custom to-do lists, filters, and email notifications let you manage team effort, manage assignments and resources, and work more productively. With cloud-based and on-premise installation options, TestRail is a highly estimable product. TestRail works with issue tracking systems including Atlassian Jira, FogBugz, Bugzilla, Gemini, Axosoft, GitHub, and TFS, as well as automation tools like Ranorex Studio.
While you are managing testing in excel or already using a software lifecycle, Kualitee Test Management Tool removes the problem from testing and testing makes it what it is.
Kualitee Test Management Platform takes the stress out of testing and makes team collaboration simple, whether you’re using Excel or a software lifecycle management tool. Assign tasks to the team with ease, and stay on top of the dashboard at all times.
You can combine this tool with a wide range of other tools, including reports, filters, defect reports, and so on. The tool’s price is reasonable and adaptable, making it suitable for both teams and single testers.
- a simple and user-friendly UI
- Requirements Planning
- Organize and manage issues and test cases.
- Bug Reports That Are Unique
- An interactive dashboard
- 3rd Party Integrations
- Individual and Group Progress Tracking
10) TestFLO for JIRA
TestFLO tools are useful for bug tracker Jira to Deviniti’s test management app, which is tightly integrated with the Jira issue view and uses custom fields and processes to execute tests. TestFLO is a more configurable testing tool as a result of this technique.
It can be tailored to the team’s highest needs as well as compliance requirements. If you have a composite software testing process that you can fully control, it will quickly become your favorite tool.
For modern software testing methods, automation testing scenarios are more crucial. TestFLO allows you to directly construct a building plan in Jenkins or Bamboo from Jira. Test Cases are created from the results of automated test runs, which are then loaded into a Test Plan.
- Using native Jira features, it can be readily customized to any type of testing process.
- Any existing requirements management process can be merged with this one.
- A tested tree structure with a repository of test cases.
- All test automation tools, such as REST API, Bamboo and Jenkins plugins, JUnit, and TestNG support, are available here.
- For each level of the testing process, provide customizable reports and Jira problem panels.
Best suited for:
- Testing workflows compliant with external standards
- Highly regulated industries
- Smoke testing
- Regression testing
- DevOps testing (CI/CD)
11) SPIRATEST by Inflectra
SpiraTest is a more powerful tool that enables agile teams to deliver excellent software more quickly and confidently. SpiraTest makes team cooperation simple by centralizing all of a team’s requirements, issues, and tests. It manages all of your testing (manual, automated, exploratory) in a non-disruptive manner and allows for quick data entry from a variety of modern applications.
The Spira test has integrated requirements and bug-tracking components that give complete traceability and audit trails. Spira test is a productivity tool that combines reporting templates and bespoke reports. SpiraTest can also be used in the cloud. Its flexible pricing is dependent on the number of concurrent logins rather than the number of registered users.
Qase is the most recent tool, designed for QA and Developer teams with a modern, user-friendly interface and powerful functionality. As a result, the majority of enterprises across the country have switched to Qase.
Qase is an all-in-one test management solution that incorporates defect management, test planning, test case management, defect management, test runs with reports, and webhooks, among other features.
Qase also allows you to combine the most popular bug trackers, such as Trello, Jira, Redmine, and others. Because of the bug tracker’s integration, you may create an issue without leaving the app.
This tool can be used for both manual and automation testing. You can combine automated tests and share test results directly from the app using the Rest API. Using a webhook will also trigger builds in your CI.
Features to look for:
- Make a hierarchical tree out of test cases and test suites.
- As a result of the shared test case steps, the time spent on the test case component is reduced.
- The time it takes to create a test case is reduced when steps are shared.
- Manage the status of all bugs without having to leave the app.
- Available Test cases, faults, and runs all have their own custom fields.
- Include various UI themes, such as the Night theme.
- This utility is free for three members, and test runs are unlimited.
- For growing teams, there is a monthly fee of $10 per user.
Testpad is a web tool that allows you to manually test numerous situations. Instead of managing test cases one at a time, you may construct free structured checklists.
This supports a wide range of testing styles, including test cases with steps and expected results, but it also works well for navigating exploratory testing, from the manual side of testing, the syntax of highlighting BDD where keywords like given/when/then are used, or simply for ad-hoc testing where you write a simple list of things to test.
JunoOne is the ideal tool for agile testing and bug tracking, thanks to its tight interaction with JIRA.
You may conduct expert work with JunoOne, which is meant to streamline Test Management and Incident Management. This application has a number of features that will help you organize your testing efforts, regulate specific steps, and keep track of the overall state of your projects. The procedure is enhanced by the tool’s various capabilities.
It does test analysis, develops a strategy, and conducts test analysis. After that, you can plan tests and execute those test cases. It also fixes the problems and protects your test data.
TestMonitor is an excellent test management tool for any company. A simple, built-in way to testing. When it comes to installing business software, developing a new app, or simply seeking assistance with your project or needing QA, Test Monitor has you covered.
- Risky testing and unfavorable conditions
- The Advanced test case design is capable of supporting thousands of cases.
- With so many testers running and milestone cloning, strong planning tools are required.
- Results are tracked in detail.
- Integrated problem-solving.
- Make a report that includes filtering and visualization choices.
- The user interface is extensive and easy.
- Third-party features such as Slack, JIRA, and DevOps have also been added to Test Monitor.
- Increase the response time for executive help.
All of the test management systems described above have unique features that can help your QA team streamline their test cases. Before determining which testing equipment is best for your purposes, we recommend that you carefully consider the merits and downsides of each. If you don’t want to buy it right away, you can test it out for free first and then upgrade if it satisfies your requirements. If that doesn’t work, try a free alternative and repeat the process.
Check out all the software testing webinars and eBooks here on EuroSTARHuddle.com