Naveen commented on the post, Introduction to Selenium – Web Based Automated Testing with Selenium 3 years, 3 months ago
It depends , if the app view is same as mobile web version than same automation code can be used else not possible .AS I observed , App design is more compact in comparison to mobile web version so both have different GUI with different ID , Xpath , CSS .etc..
Agree with you however Yes!! , we can learn the testing by its own or Online . We have to provide the platform like Eurostar where have to show the importance of Testing .
There is myth among the people Testing is Nothing or waste people are deployed for Testing and the new up comings are not ready to join ,I met many people having…[Read more]
Naveen replied to the topic Is Appium the best Mobile Automation testing tool? in the forum Software Testing Discussions 5 years, 1 month ago
I have used the Appium and feel its good to use however only concern is how much market device it can capture , it does not support the low version of Android .
Appium Supports API 17 + version only .
1) Easy to Use.
2)Easy to work .
3) Good Support
4)No need to decompile any app, can work directly .
5) Hybrid App automation…[Read more]
Testing has become a more decisive segment in SDLC. It is the process which consists of the static and dynamic activities of the software life cycle. These activities cover the planning, analysis, design, […]
Thanks for the very detailed article.
I would add just a few more things about Selenium:
– Selenium WebDriver can be used not only for automating web sites testing but for mobile applications testing (Android, iOS) using the Appium framework
– Selenium Grid is a very good option for the cross browser testing; the maintenance of the computers included in the grid may be quite complicated; for easier cross browser testing, the Sauce Labs cloud grid can be used; it offers over 500 browsers/OS platforms
– where does the Selenium name come from?
Selenium was so named because Huggins, dissatisfied with testing tools on the market, was seeking a name that would position the product as an alternative to the QuickTest Professional commercial testing software built by a company called Mercury Interactive.
The name, Selenium, was selected because selenium mineral supplements serve as a cure for mercury poisoning, Huggins explained.
– selenium is cost effective when considering the license price (free); learning it is however difficult as it requires programming knowledge; but there are many free tutorials available online that you can use for getting started such as this one: