What user acceptance testing metrics are most crucial to a business?

Home Forums Software Testing Discussions What user acceptance testing metrics are most crucial to a business?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ronan Healy
    Keymaster
    @ronan

User Acceptance Testing (UAT) is usually the last step in the development cycle before deployment.

In many ways UAT gains importance the closer it comes to the release date. So what metrics would you consider to be the most vital in User Acceptance testing?

Jesper
    Participant
    @jesper-lindholt-ottosen

Metrics are dangerous – one that works in one context, can be dangerous in another context. If i was to decide a general metric it would be regarding the UAT testers being acknowledged

Anurag khode
    Participant
    @anurag-khode

I think test coverage and identified risks against those areas are one of the most critical things in UAT.

Ronan Healy
    Keymaster
    @ronan

I agree @jesper-lindholt-ottosen with what you are saying but they can be a good guide I think.

Good suggestions @anurag-khode. Test coverage would the be one of the most vital I think too.

ard_kramer
    Participant
    @ard_kramer

Test coverage as a metric doesn’t say much. It is always a relative figure and if you can’t explain what the scope is of the coverage, it doesn’t say much. This also means that you haven’t covered anything outside the scope….
    Conclusion: be very carefull with metrics especially when it acceptance concerned. Acceptance is more about trust, for example: a team which build and tested an airplane, let them do the first flight and if they don’t trust it, you know enough….

the Ard of testing

Archana
    Participant
    @archana

Percentage of unresolved high severity defects is another thing to be considered.

stefan
    Participant
    @ipstefan
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.