Open source tools for test case management.

Home Forums Software Testing Discussions Open source tools for test case management.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ery
    Participant
    @ery77

Hi testers,
    I would like to know what are open source for test case management that recommended.
    Goals are :
    1. for managed test cases while exploratory testing.
    2. that readable, for regression test in the next testing process.

Regards,
    ery.k

vikram
    Participant
    @vikramvi

Hi Ery,

I’m into testing since last 14 years and since last 4 months exploring more on BDD and better ways of testing.

1. IMHO maintaining test cases separately which only QA engineer will refer to is NOT a good solution any more

2. Have a repository to maintain user stories / executable specifications ( BDD ) in GitHub or tool like hiptest

3. Once you’ve user stories in place , then it become “living documentation” which everyone in project can refer to.

Conclusion get rid of “test case” and adopt “user stories”

Regards,
    Vikram

P.S. I’m trying out in a web based project and getting to perfection in this new technique.

Scott
    Participant
    @asherwood

We’ve recently put a list together of the top free test case management tools at https://blog.testlodge.com/free-test-case-management-tools-list/ which should help you research what software is available.

Not all of these are open-source, but they are all free and when we reviewed them Tarantula was our favourite tool and may be the most suitable for what you need.

Scott

Tassawer
    Participant
    @tassaweramin

@asherwood very informative post, hope it will help @ery77 in selecting a tool as per her requirements.

Ery
    Participant
    @ery77

Thank you scott for your information, I will look into the list. I am working on windows as my OS then i will choose tools that run in windows. Thank you 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.