- July 18, 2016 at 9:31 am #13053EryParticipant@ery77
I would like to know what are open source for test case management that recommended.
Goals are :
1. for managed test cases while exploratory testing.
2. that readable, for regression test in the next testing process.
ery.kJuly 19, 2016 at 1:08 pm #13070vikramParticipant@vikramvi
I’m into testing since last 14 years and since last 4 months exploring more on BDD and better ways of testing.
1. IMHO maintaining test cases separately which only QA engineer will refer to is NOT a good solution any more
2. Have a repository to maintain user stories / executable specifications ( BDD ) in GitHub or tool like hiptest
3. Once you’ve user stories in place , then it become “living documentation” which everyone in project can refer to.
Conclusion get rid of “test case” and adopt “user stories”
P.S. I’m trying out in a web based project and getting to perfection in this new technique.August 30, 2017 at 9:55 am #17256ScottParticipant@asherwood
We’ve recently put a list together of the top free test case management tools at https://blog.testlodge.com/free-test-case-management-tools-list/ which should help you research what software is available.
Not all of these are open-source, but they are all free and when we reviewed them Tarantula was our favourite tool and may be the most suitable for what you need.
ScottSeptember 7, 2017 at 11:39 am #17341TassawerParticipant@tassaweramin
@asherwood very informative post, hope it will help @ery77 in selecting a tool as per her requirements.September 7, 2017 at 5:30 pm #17344EryParticipant@ery77
Thank you scott for your information, I will look into the list. I am working on windows as my OS then i will choose tools that run in windows. Thank you 🙂
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.