API Testing – Using Postman

Home Forums Software Testing Discussions API Testing – Using Postman

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Darwin
    Participant
    @darwin

While trying to automate my API requests, I need to use an external library (Node library) which is not supported within the Postman environment.

At present, the only idea I have is to use my node library through a node service and saving them as an environment variable inside my postman. Then I can use them whenever I want.

Is there a better way to implement it?

Razvan
    Participant
    @vrazvan

Hello,
    As far as I can see, the context of this topic is automating some API requests. Why don’t you perform this task creating API automated tests using a programming language? (e.g. Java – using RestAssured, or PHP – using Behat Framework, or Python and so forth). This approach provides more flexibility in the code program and eliminates the constraints of Postman tool.

Darwin
    Participant
    @darwin

Hi Razwan, using Postman as a tool doesn’t mean there is no involvement of programming language.  Postman itself provides more flexibility to test all the service calls. All its tests and test assertions are written in JavaScript so there is a flexibility to manipulate query parameters, request headers, and even body data in different ways. It integrates with the build system using Newman. It also provides the first step in a beginners learning curve of integration testing.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.