Home › Forums › Software Testing Discussions › A comparison of automated testing tools
- This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years, 8 months ago by Tassawer.
April 11, 2017 at 8:27 am #15946HaileyParticipant@hailey
A defining factor for successfully applying test automation in software projects is choosing and using the right set of test automation tools. This is a daunting task, especially for those new to software test automation because there are so many tools in the market to choose from, each having different strengths and weaknesses. There is no tool that can fit all automated testing needs which make finding the right tool difficult. Learn how to identify the right automation tool for your project with this qualitative comparison of Katalon Studio to other popular automated testing toolsets in the market.
OVERVIEW OF TOOLS
Katalon Studio is an automated testing platform that offers a comprehensive set of features to implement full automated testing solutions for mobile and Web applications. Built on top of the open-source Selenium and Appium frameworks, Katalon Studio allows teams to get started with test automation quickly by reducing the effort and expertise required for learning and integrating these frameworks for automated testing needs.
Selenium is the most popular automation framework that consists of many tools and plugins for Web application testing. Selenium is known for its powerful capability to support performance testing of Web applications. Selenium is the most popular choice in the open-source test automation space, partly due to its large and active development and user community.
HP Unified Functional Testing, formerly QuickTest Professional (QTP), is probably the most popular commercial tool for functional test automation. HP UFT offers a comprehensive set of features that can cover most functional automated testing needs on the desktop, mobile and Web platforms.
[mod: pasted formatting removed]September 27, 2017 at 9:34 am #17549sneha shindeParticipant@abhilashawaghm11
There is a wide range of tools available for automation testing. Some of them are free, while some are quite costly. Some automation tools were developed years prior; some have quite recently showed up in the market.
Following are the tools:
1. UI Automator Tool: This tool has been as of late expounded by Google. It bolsters Android versions starting from 4.1. One ought to choose another Android application testing tool keeping in mind the end goal to automate tests for prior renditions.
UI Automator can cooperate with a wide range of softwares for Android, including system applications. This empowers UI Automator to lock and open a cellphone or a tablet.
2. Appium Automation Framework: It’s a system for creation of automated tests for Android and iOS. It is a free to use tool. It underpins Android variants from 2.3 and later. Appium uses WebDriver interfaces for tests running. It is compatible with programming languages like Java, C#, Ruby and other which are in the WebDriver library.
3. Monkey Runner: This tool is more low-level than Robotium is. One doesn’t need to manage the source code so as to automate tests. The tests are written in Python, one may utilize a recording tool for developing tests.
Ranorex is a decent tool for tests automation for the most recent, as well as for early versions and sub-versions of Android, starting from Android 2.2.
One of Ranorex preferences is its definite reports with screen-shots. It can link a cell phone or a tablet to Internet by means of WiFi.
An automation engineer can expound data driven tests, barring XML data format, by method for this Android tool. Ranorex Studio empowers a automated test engineer to create tests effortlessly, simply clicking the mouse. It permits expounding extra program modules. The modules might be used amid late advancement cycles for more intricate test scenarios.
[moderated]September 28, 2017 at 1:13 pm #17579TassawerParticipant@tassaweramin
@abhilashawaghm11 Please avoid just copy and paste stuff from other websites, it would be nice if you can share your own point of view w.r.t. your experience. Reply is just a copy paste of following Link
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.