Spring Security – Third Edition starts by integrating a variety of authentication mechanisms. It then demonstrates how to properly restrict access to your application. It also covers tips on integrating with some of the more popular web frameworks. An example of how Spring Security defends against session fixation, moves into concurrency control, and how you can utilize session management for administrative functions is also included.
It concludes with advanced security scenarios for RESTful webservices and microservices, detailing the issues surrounding stateless authentication, and demonstrates a concise, step-by-step approach to solving those issues. And, by the end of the book, readers can rest assured that integrating version 4.2 of Spring Security will be a seamless endeavor from start to finish.
- Understand common security vulnerabilities and how to resolve them.
- Learn to perform initial penetration testing to uncover common security vulnerabilities.
- Implement authentication and authorization.
- Learn to utilize existing corporate infrastructure such as LDAP, Active Directory, Kerberos, CAS, OpenID, and OAuth.
- Integrate with popular frameworks such as Spring, Spring-Boot, Spring-Data, JSF, Vaaden, jQuery, and AngularJS.
- Gain deep understanding of the security challenges with RESTful webservices and microservice architectures.
- Integrate Spring with other security infrastructure components like LDAP, Apache Directory server and SAML.